Suspension and 17" alloys

symo29
    Folks

I have put some Mini 17" alloys on my R56 One D, and was wondering whether or not spacers are required or whether they are fine.

I have looked at the front suspension strut and it seems to be very close to the tyre.

It's not touching the tyre but its around a finger width from the tyre.

Is this normal? I was looking for another mini to check the distance but can't find one just now

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    No problem with 17" wheels on a one. Are they genuine mini wheels? If not what make and offset are they ?? Never had an issue with touching suspension. The problem is normally with bigger discs and clearance for wheels...

symo29
    They are genuine 17" S spokes bought them off saltire in Aberdeen

I'm guessing that because the suspension arm moves with the alloy there shouldn't be a problem. Just wondered what clearance other mini drivers had between the suspension and the tyre/alloy

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    You'll have no issues with them - I know plenty of people who have used them and also 18"s with no issues

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    You'll have no issues with them - I know plenty of people who have used them and also 18"s with no issues
    ^^^^what he says^^^^ I run 15's, 17's and 18's on our Eibach sprung ONE with no issues whatsoever
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

symo29
    Thanks guys, I also had a look at a few other minis and the clearence seems to be the same

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    A finger width is huge compared to some aftermarket wheels.
    You'll have no problems with that at all