brake upgrade

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    r53s jcw
    Hi all, how are we. So, i might have a few spare shekels at the end of the month and was thinking of a brake upgrade. The gt tuning was appealing as i can do fronts first( they seem to do most of the work) and sort the rears as soon as. Not sure how much extra pennies there will be but does anyone have any comments, or other suggestions?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I have just fitted mtec to my GP drilled and grooved with mintex pads and a black coating

They are fantastic and came in at £225 inc delivery for front & back disks and pads

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-disc...ake-discs.html

This are the front disks for yours :) you can get coating put on them as well I got the black one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368734950.988585.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	4253
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368734961.651174.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	4254
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R53 chilli red
    What do you want a full new brake set up or new discs and pads?

You have an r53 right, if you want better braking standard r56 s callipers would work wonders. Plus some carbotech pads and nitex discs would make a very noticeable difference. I run carbotech pads think they're x10 or something like. Canny remember what discs I have but I noticed a massive change, then fitted good ridge brake lines too that improved it all on my r56
    Last edited by boozeman; 16th May 2013 at 09:39 PM.

^^ what he said. If you've got an R53, upgrade to the R56 S setup pronto as the stock R53 brakes are inadequate

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Are you fitting the brakes yourself? If not Parkdale garage on the road out to Cargenbridge are good. That's where I took my Mini to have work on my discs and pads done.

Car
    r53s jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by d.oxley72 View Post
    Are you fitting the brakes yourself? If not Parkdale garage on the road out to Cargenbridge are good. That's where I took my Mini to have work on my discs and pads done.
    Probably fit them myself but thanks for the recommendation. Thanks for the advice, anyone know of any r56 calipers available or where to try? will i also be needing new hoses or any other fittings?
    Last edited by jonnie; 18th May 2013 at 03:59 PM.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    You will need the hoses better off going for a beaded set tho eBay or total mini is always a good place to start
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R53 chilli red
    Try mini torque I think there is a set on there with new discs

Car
    r53s jcw
    http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f229...-set-up-34284/. Found these on mini torque, are they worth the money. Trying to find out if they are front or rear.

Car
    R53 chilli red
    If they are snap them up mate. A good deal at that price with everything included