Moblie phone useage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Phone(s) rings, I answer.. Sorry if that offends or annoys anyone, but such is life.

If you're saying you pick up the handset to answer when driving then that doesn't offend or annoy in any way mate. It's always good to be able to get an idea of the kind of people that are behind the pixels so it's good of you to say.

I know that my attention declines if I am having a conversation with a passenger when I am driving. So, for me the idea of talking to a disembodied voice is even worse.

Here's an interesting study to read on your mobile as you drive to work.
    http://www.nsc.org/safety_road/Distr...te%20Paper.pdf

Robbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Col View Post
    If you're saying you pick up the handset to answer when driving then that doesn't offend or annoy in any way mate. It's always good to be able to get an idea of the kind of people that are behind the pixels so it's good of you to say.
    I'm an honest person, I had Bluetooth in the Astra VXR and the Focus ST3 I had before my current Works, tho in the 06 Works I had, it didn't have any phone connectivity either..

mikeythemini
    Quote Originally Posted by norbu View Post
    Just wondering what system all you guys & gals use in your car. The car is a Mini Cooper S (R56)

I've tried to see if a Samsung Galaxy Ace can be used in the "snap in adaptor" for the arm rest. According to the BMW site
    More information on which snap-in adapters are compatible with your vehicle and the range of functions available for your mobile phone are available on request
    BUT
    there's nowhere on the site to do this
    AND
    the dealer's pretty clueless
    AND
    a search on the net & various Mini sites has brought up zilch!!

So anyone any great ideas or tips other than leave the phone lying on the passenger seat.
    So has your car got factory bluetooth? MFSW?

Full Bluetooth with USB . MFSW ??...Wot dat?
    Last edited by norbu; 24th April 2013 at 09:27 PM.

mikeythemini
    so its just somewhere to stick it?
    cup holder
    or if you want to be able to see the display (nav apps etc) then we have no holes mounts for the r56 & can supply a cradle (optional charging) for your phone

MINIme:)
    Full Bluetooth with USB . MFSW ??...Wot dat?
    multi function steering wheel. I think. I don't have it!

so its just somewhere to stick it ]......No I can get any number of holders for the phone.

if you want to be able to see the display (nav apps etc) then we have no holes mounts for the r56 & can supply a cradle (optional charging) for your phone....By a cradle do you mean just a holder with a charger or specifically the adaptor for the arm rest. If it's just a holder with a charger then that's not what I'm looking for I'm afraid. Any pics of what's available.

As an aside don't you just love BMW Mini customer care once you've divied up your large amount of cash. Haven't been impressed so far.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's the multi function steering wheel then YES have got.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    If it's just a holder with a charger then that's not what I'm looking for I'm afraid. Any pics of what's available
    If it's the multi function steering wheel then YES have got.
    Not sure what you are wanting
    Here is a link to mikeythemini's business New Mini Stuff

Yeh I've had a look at that site but without much further information I've really no idea exactly what will fit.
    1) The car has full bluetooth & USB
    2) The car has a multi function steering wheel
    3) The car has the BMW Mini arm rest
    4) The phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace

I'd prefer the proper BMW Mini cradle that fits in the armrest but neither the BMW Mini site nor the dealers are of any use in telling me if BMW make such a cradle.

SWMBO tells me that there's NO WAY that the stereo is getting removed so any of mikeys stuff would have to fit without that removal.

Most of Mikeys stuff appears to supply Bluetooth which is already in the car.

Now our other car a Skoda is a delight in the phone department but the Mini is a nightmare by comparison.

Does anyone have a car with similar spec where you use your mobile (Sorry but not an iPhone) & how have you done it & with what result.