New sig coming soon

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Ok good, I'll move the threads tomorrow

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Look guys, I'm sorry if I've caused a f*** up here

I appreciate what Alan was trying to do for the GP folks, and I don't want to be seen as a 'party-pooper'. I'm really pleased to see the new GP members, and if it helps in the short term for them to have a dedicated 'space' on NMS during a transitional period, then that's fine by me.

What I'd REALLY like to see is the new GP people as proper 'integrated' long-term NMS members, and not just 'lodgers' (albeit welcome ones) until they sort out their website and maybe leave us again. We need enthusiastic, knowledgable and friendly people (with great motors!) in NMS, and variety is the spice of life, so let's get our acts together!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Cause a GP is a JCW
    Tecnically yes, but you really should've put 'JCW GP', and not JCW OR GP, as most folks would consider the JCW and the GP to be two different MINIs, so it looked as if the dedicated forum was for BOTH the JCW and the GP. I know it's pedantic, but the different phrasing led me to initially believe that it was for both, which looked as if we were separating the 'higher performance' cars from the rest of the 'herd', which is why I started the thread in he first place.

Let's just put it down to a misunderstanding caused by slightly misleading wording, and leave it at that.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    I'm organising a "WC50 East Coast Run".........but I'm the only one invited.
    or you could go out on a Beast Hunt and see if you can snare that other one in North Berwick

Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    you really should've put 'JCW GP', and not JCW OR GP, ...it looked as if the dedicated forum was for BOTH the JCW and the GP... which looked as if we were separating the 'higher performance' cars from the rest of the 'herd'...
    As Alan knows (cos I told him) I misunderstood this in exactly the same way. A GP is a JCW but a JCW isn't generally a GP. And I took the forum title literally, which I shouldn't have. But once I understood it was the GP club ( HELLO LOVELY GP PEOPLE! ) it took on a different meaning and didn't annoy me any more!
    I am liking our new GP people and don't mind which seats they sit in

(likewise with Neil, I don't usually know where I am, I just hit new posts )
    Last edited by MINIme:); 13th April 2013 at 02:37 AM.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    All GP threads integrated into the main NMS forums, hopefully the GP Owners will understand the NMS family way

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    All GP threads integrated into the main NMS forums, hopefully the GP Owners will understand the NMS family way

we will be fine we
    New sig coming soon

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom

Sorry if I've inadvertently caused some problems, but isn't it better to be friends by the fire than guests in the lobby?
    My intentions were honourable! Thanks Alan and Stoney for not calling me a tw*t (out loud )

- - - Updated - - -

hopefully the GP Owners will understand the NMS family way
    If and when they do, can they pass the secret on to me?
    And as for the getting you into the 'Family Way', we are VERY friendly... but probably not THAT friendly

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Can we not have a 'models that are all the same colour' section?

A bit like a Subaru forum, where I assume there is a 'blue with gold wheels' section, and one for everyone else?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Next we will be having only Cooper to Works runs as we dont want GP badges!!!!!

As said in a class movie line! " We dont need no stinking Badges!" In response to membership badges!

Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Can we not have a 'models that are all the same colour' section?

A bit like a Subaru forum, where I assume there is a 'blue with gold wheels' section, and one for everyone else?
    woo I get a 'Special Club'