A forum for banter...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    I've been looking for while folks and am struggling to find one.

Ideall I'm looking for a forum where:

I can mock HIM <points at burple> for being short, hairless and a lil bit wiffy.
    I can mock HIM <points at giZmo> for being short, marginally harier and a bit more...American
    I can mock HIM <points at Crombers> for being a Weegie who thinks his car would beat a WRC winning car "in the twisties"
    I can mock HIM <points at N16SHP> for being frankly too bloomin' clean
    I can mock HIM <points at john> for being just a little bit dodge
    I can mock HIM <points at Vidal Buffoon> for basically just being him.
    etc.

I had high hopes for this place, however, I think my sense of humour is too likely to offend, since I've had more posts deleted in the 2 months since I've been back than I ever had in the x number of years I had when on before so...if anyone has any suggestions that would be top!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    That's what the Off Topic & Banter Forum is for, not sure what posts have been deleted

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Col View Post
    I've been looking for while folks and am struggling to find one.

Ideall I'm looking for a forum where:

I can mock HIM <points at burple> for being short, hairless and a lil bit wiffy.
    I can mock HIM <points at giZmo> for being short, marginally harier and a bit more...American
    I can mock HIM <points at Crombers> for being a Weegie who thinks his car would beat a WRC winning car "in the twisties"
    I can mock HIM <points at N16SHP> for being frankly too bloomin' clean
    I can mock HIM <points at john> for being just a little bit dodge
    I can mock HIM <points at Vidal Buffoon> for basically just being him.
    etc.

I had high hopes for this place, however, I think my sense of humour is too likely to offend, since I've had more posts deleted in the 2 months since I've been back than I ever had in the x number of years I had when on before so...if anyone has any suggestions that would be top!

*Squints up into the clouds* Oooh... you're gonna get *such* a punch in the ankles....

The Dogfather
    Col, can't have banter these days, its all part of the new sensitive and caring NMS. <group hug>

Although if it helps your personal happiness I'm happy to call you a useless lanky streak of pish at every opportunity.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Brilliant, my kinda thread, ....... WRC in the twisties .......
    Trust this 'whataboutery' aint gonna dilute your appetite for NMS, jings your just back ffs.
    Would also like to think that if anything has been deleted by anyone, you would at least have been told why by the person/s involved !!!!
    I'll even stick ma weegie neck out & say thank feck you've made a return, your style of 'banter' has never ceased to make me

Anyhoos yur still gettin ragdolled ya big fandan rocket
    Last edited by Crombers; 1st April 2013 at 07:29 PM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post
    Col, can't have banter these days, its all part of the new sensitive and caring NMS. <group hug>

Although if it helps your personal happiness I'm happy to call you a useless lanky streak of pish at every opportunity.
    Utter crap

It's all getting a bit TM if posts are being deleted IMO - not that I'm aware of this happening. Unless the posts are really in bad taste.

I'm getting a bit fed up in general (not necessarily on here) of everyone being offended by things. It seems everyone has the thinnest skin these days, and there's a competition to see who can be the most offended. If you don't like something, just ignore it.

Rant over!

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    It's all getting a bit TM if posts are being deleted IMO - not that I'm aware of this happening. Unless the posts are really in bad taste.!
    I can guarantee that no posts have been deleted that were in bad taste because there haven't been any, merely off topic ones that i can remember, some grammar and spelling posts i have done personally, can post up the actual logs if anyone wants or needs it.

However, here we go again, so here it is, if anyone thinks that NMS is over modded then perhaps you should think about why you are on the forum at all.

Vidal, usual story from you, anyone is welcome on NMS including people who don't own MINI's, that's not a dig at you either as we have other mini-less members on here who enjoy the site for what it is.

There was a recent thread that i deleted a lot of off topic posts and i will continue to do so in the relevant section.

There is a very thin line between banter and personal abuse and i'm trying my best to read between the lines of some of it.

NMS is well known for being more family orientated than other sites, so, if this ain't for you, go over there

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    well, how to answer this.....

you can't please all of the people all of the time ? I suppose as a MINI forum, we try to please the majority, which I think we have managed to do.. ? Yes/No. If you want to abuse people, slag people off for working hard and making something of their life, or generally bully someone and make them feel small, there are other MINI forums that can accomodate you.

Mon - there is exactly your point, some posts were deleted as they were very personal about someones life choices (nothing to do with the thread) and were not appropriate. But as you say, you were unaware, so is there really an issue? No

TBH it's the same folk over and over and over again that complain about this.... I know what my answer would be, but this is Alan's ball and I'll let him deal with it. These are purely my observations and not necessarily the views of NMS

The Dogfather
    My post was meant as a joke hence the <group hug> comment, but now having been accused of trying to ruin the site (again) via PM.
    (despite the fact I'm driving traffic here from the old NM url ) I won't say anymore on the topic.

Welcome to the new world NMS Col.
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 1st April 2013 at 06:12 PM.