Camera advice

Hi guys. Aware a few photographers are on the forum so a bit of advice please.

I used to have a good 'point and shoot' camera but a few years ago thought I would try a 'bridge' camera. The reality however is that I just use the point and shoot mode of this and probably take less pictures as cant be bothered to carry it around.

I have therefore decided that I am going to go back to a point and shoot but the one feature I did make a lot if use of was the zoom - current camera has 18x optical zoom and would be keen on something similar.

Has anybody got any advice on a quality compact camera with a good zoom? I am prepared to pay for a good camera and am in no rush as just want sorted before my holiday in July so if anything new in the pipeline happy to wait.

Cheers.

Neil 📷

Resident old yin.
    I am happy with my Panasonic Lumix camera which I bought about 3 years ago. I would think they are stiil making good cameras.

The website www.dpreview.com was good when I was last looking.

Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    I am happy with my Panasonic Lumix camera which I bought about 3 years ago. I would think they are stiil making good cameras.

The website www.dpreview.com was good when I was last looking.
    Thanks was looking at Lumix TZ40 and will have a look at website.

Drifter
    Two spring to mind and have looked at both through several reviews, but like the look of the Sony HX300... And like everything else price varies over the internet... Have a look for yourself... Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by RobSco View Post
    Two spring to mind and have looked at both through several reviews, but like the look of the Sony HX300... And like everything else price varies over the internet... Have a look for yourself... Hope this helps...

Thanks. Will have a look.

Drifter
    Here's some more information on Bridge Cameras from the Amateur Photographer comparing the Best of 2013 with a review from them on some, plenty to read now, remember to check out YouTube and see them in action...

Car
    Mini Cooper
    My mate has some seriously expensive SLR bodies and lenses but bought his dad a canon power shot - he now uses that himself a lot rather than his SLRs - says the quality is just as good - so maybe take a look at them