Which induction?

Borvad
    Looking to get a performance cat-back exhaust within the next 6 months, also would look for an induction/performance filter.

Had a K&N in my Focus.

Which is recommended form my '08 Cooper?

Thanks

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Playmini is the preferred exhaust but check out Miltek

If you're looking for a power increase with the intake then don't be surprised to hear there are no significant gains to be had, so, if you want a better sound then fair enough, or just replace the filter with a K & N drop in one

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    K & N or ITG are very good I have ITG in my jcw GP !!
    New sig coming soon

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    K & N or ITG are very good I have ITG in my jcw GP !!
    He has a Cooper

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    He has a Cooper
    I know they still do the filter for them as well I was just saying that's hat I had in mine
    New sig coming soon

If you want noise, go open filter.

If you want power (minimal), just replace the filter - not sure if a DaveF fits a Cooper?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

lamdacore
    DaveF?

Usually I'd suggest K&N but ITG have been getting good reviews across most manufacturers - and I believe alot of racing mini's use ITG in their parts list - but to be fair, I don't know alot about car stuff, so this is just based on what I've read...

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvad View Post
    Looking to get a performance cat-back exhaust within the next 6 months, also would look for an induction/performance filter. Had a K&N in my Focus. Which is recommended form my '08 Cooper?
    Thanks
    Just don't get one which sooks in hot air from the engine compartment - then you'll get lots of noise and no power gain, maybe even a loss. I put a 'cone' filter (Pipercross?) on my '01 COOPER years ago and ended up taking it off as it lost power and was far too loud! Stuck the original airbox in with a better filter and it ran like a dream! In my R56, I have an ITG filter in my JCW Airbox.

My COOP was stock apart from a Magnex cat-back. These days, Playmini is probably the best one for sounds, but Milltek are very good too.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 15th March 2013 at 02:00 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Borvad
    Should say at this moment I have the Pipercross panel filter at the moment too

Any links for these recommendations?
    Last edited by Borvad; 15th March 2013 at 09:46 PM.

Borvad