Techno Fear No. 5623.735.... and a bit.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    For quite a while now I was able to nip onto NMS Forums for a quick look without having to log in (having, say, logged off previously and not done the 'remember me' thing), but now it seems every time I want to have a quick 'butchers', I'm having to log in. I know we had changed things so that 'non-members' could check out forums, which is cool - but why am I having to log in to do the same? I don't necessarily want to log in every time I check the forums, so am I doing something wrong, or has something changed? TA.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Alan has stopped everyone seeing the forums, only forum members so I would think that if you want to see any content you would have to logon

Alan will confirm tho

The Dogfather
    Has your browser been set to clear cookies?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Should be ok again, try it and let me know.

Been getting battered with spam registrations, i thought it was due to being open for non members, but, there was no significant decrease when closed to non members, the fight continues

MINIme:)
    I was about to say

but I'll have to withdraw that thought!

I would think that having been open would mean it was in search engines whether it was still visible (in the short time you re-closed it) or went to a dead link if something found on google was clicked. I'm not in the slightest bit savvy about stuff like that though, but it was just a thought. f you ever looked at Who's online it was 80% internet spiders crawling into every corner of the forum, which I presume means things then show up in searches. Even though you closed it I'm thinking the internet search links were still there (just went to a 'not available' type page if clicked?) But I dunno.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    If you take this thread for instance as it’s a good one being so exact it does not show in Google, Bing, Yahooo.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

MINIme:)
    The spiders haven't visited yet Stew....

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I take that back older threads like Robs picnic run comes up. But you'd have to be logged in to read right!

Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Cheers Alan, got in to 'browse' no probs this time.
    Thanks for the feedback folks - wasn't sure if it was just me being daft!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    I take that back older threads like Robs picnic run comes up. But you'd have to be logged in to read right!
    Nope, you don't have to be logged in to view the forums as Elfman has mentioned