MINI Paceman Launch - Sat 16th March 2013

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Not dissing the new stuff, but it's funny how things change - we used to buy MINIs DESPITE the boot size - that's not what they were about.
    Now the boot is a selling point... Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    I didn't get it because of it's boot space
    We bought our Countryman for the boot space but kept my Cooper S to still have a toy to go for the odd hoon in!

I remember when I first bought my S and I thought, the boot isn't that small...until the day I picked it up, put my rucksack in the boot which near enough filled it and thought hmmmmm, it is small then!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I think MINI boot size is inversely proportional to 'B-road Fun Factor'! (runs away in fear of life & limb...)

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    Mini Cooper Roadster Midnight Black & Mini Coupe Cooper, Pepper White
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    We went to Harry Fairbairn yesterday to look at the Paceman. Don't like the look of the car at the back. Like the new interior of the Countryman/Paceman but that's about it
    You should have given us a shout and come in for coffee. We live less that 2 miles from their.
    Last edited by DarnShiv; 17th March 2013 at 10:49 PM.

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    we used to buy MINIs DESPITE the boot size - that's not what they were about.
    Now the boot is a selling point... Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    I'm with you on this, Mini isn't about boot space and in fact, if a mini has any kind of a boot it isn't a mini
    And I bought both of my minis despite the boot space - however my life has changed and I now require to have the seats down regularly due to too small a boot. Not all of us have the luxury of more than one car in the household.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Well. Not looking to stick my head into the lions mouth but I think having more than one car, irrespective of the sacrifices made to get the second, is a luxurious position to be in. Not dissin anyone for it, as I'd be dissing myself since I have 2. Just sayin' is all.

Back on topic I do like the Paceman and pondered holding off getting the countryman for one but decided I'd rather have the 5 doors.

It's pretty simple. If a Fiesta isn't big enough for you, you buy a Focus/Mondingo. Ford don't make the Fiesta bigger to suit (well they do a bit...)

Ferrari don't make diesel saloons because people want more space & economy.

Mini should mean small. The clue is in the name, Mini! If a Mini is too small for someone, fair enough. Go buy something else.

Stop making fat Mini's BMW!!!

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

I always think of MINI as more of akin to the brand Ford, to use Mon's example, than the model Fiesta. When looked at in that way then MINI are doing exactly the same as Ford with their Ka, Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo.

I also think "Go buy something else" is what MINI would rather people didn't do.

LadyR
    The fact is that the car's been made, and certain people are going to buy it and I hope they have a damn good chuckle at the disapproving glares the mini purists give them
    happy motoring chaps, think I'll be giving the forum a miss for a while, finding the bickering pretty tedious...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyR View Post
    happy motoring chaps, think I'll be giving the forum a miss for a while, finding the bickering pretty tedious...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyR View Post
    finding the bickering pretty tedious...
    Quite right. Sorry. Shoulda had my Monday coffee before coming on here.