MINI Paceman Launch - Sat 16th March 2013

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Re. post#52 - OYF, Inflammatory Comment Alert!!!

(...just jesting)
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by gauldrymini View Post
    Re. post#52 - OYF, Inflammatory Comment Alert!!!

(...just jesting)
    Ssh, i've gotten away with it so far

MINIme:)
    isn't the clubdoor on the 'wrong' side of the car for GB? I think? Designed for other places, where your wee princess gets to climb out onto a pavement instead of stepping out in front of a car! I still like the clubdoor though, it's got a bit of 'something I can't quite put my finger on' x factor about it for me. A wee quirkiness

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Don't forget the cinema i have tucked up my sleeve for making those extra millions
    Ooft !!!! ....... permarage ahead ..........

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    isn't the clubdoor on the 'wrong' side of the car for GB? I think? Designed for other places, where your wee princess gets to climb out onto a pavement instead of stepping out in front of a car! I still like the clubdoor though, it's got a bit of 'something I can't quite put my finger on' x factor about it for me. A wee quirkiness
    It is. The excuse from BMW was that they couldn't put the door where it should be due to the fuel filler neck. But the general suspicion is that it was to suit foreign markets

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    Jo, one of my pals, whenever I mention the Clubbie, delights in telling me in telling me (every single bloody time) that the Clubdoor (sounds as if it should have a bouncer attached) is on the wrong side for the UK (which of course it is, unless you prefer to release your tiny royalty/passengers into traffic - depends on the princess and the passenger I suppose...), thus proving that MINI snubbed the British buyer in favour of lucrative overseas markets. MINI chasing the mighty $$$? Surely not...

Sorry about my (over) reliance on Brackets (in this post) ().

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    ^^ it's actually very useful for tripping up the unwary on the drivers seatbelt, there's something satisfying about backseat passengers head hitting the seat base
    I caught my foot in the seatbelt in the showroom getting out of a Clubbie not long after it was launched Felt like a right t*t

I remember commenting that it seemed strange to pass such an obvious 'hazard' as OK for public consumption. So you not only get out into traffic, you're sent sprawling right in front of it. They should have renamed it the 'Suicide Door' with a Special Edition, the "Clubman Dignitas".

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!