Saturday 13th April. Irish Invasion. Suggestions for a route?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sportspack Mark
    Hi Guys

Ok Stena Line are doing a deal for us Mini/MINI owners on Saturday 13th April. A car & 2 people for £50 return.

Enjoy a Mini adventure to Scotland on Saturday 13th April 2013.

Join up with loads of other mini aficionados on a Mini adventure day trip to Scotland. For just £50 return, 2 of you can head off from Belfast to Cairnryan to enjoy a day out in your pride and joy. You’ll leave Belfast onboard Stena Superfast at 07:30 and arrive in Scotland just over 2 hours later before heading off – you could arrange a meet with other mini-owners or just zoom off to wherever you please. Your return sailing back to Belfast leaves Cairnryan at 19:30 so you’ll have loads of time to have fun.
    So we would be arriving in Cairnryan at 9.45am and have to be checked in at 18.45 the same day.

Would any of you be up for a) suggesting a route b) joining us for the day?

I dont know how many new MINI's there are going but at the minute theres about 6 that I know of.

Itinerary
    Belfast Check-in:
    06:45

Belfast Depart:
    07:30

Cairnryan Arrive:
    09:45

Cairnryan Check-in:
    18:45

Cairnryan Depart:
    19:30

Belfast Arrive:
    21:52
    Cheers for any help!! It would be great to meet up with you guys!

Mark

Sportspack Mark
    sweet! sometimes a bit of a random run is the best!

I'll get a look online and see whats about.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I might be about, just need to check the diary

Rob might know the roads down that way :)

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Heard about this through the mini clan but bit far to go in my classic, but in the new Mini - sounds like fun

Sportspack Mark
    Yea there are classics going, but they can dilly dally about. Im not really mentioning that the new MINIs are going because we like a somewhat quicker pace of proceedings :)

And my dealer is going, he is mad keen for all runs and is planning on taking their Paceman :)

MINIme:)
    slow is the new fast - did nobody tell you?!!

Would love to meet if i can - get your sister along for an ice blue appreciation corner!!

seriously broke me dear, but might manage a wee bit / part run / or even just lunch

Mibbae aye from me.

can I dilly dally with the classics? I don't do fast unless it's motorway

Sportspack Mark
    Driving Miss Daisy

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna have a look at a few routes today. I dont know about numbers yet either!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Surly a zip around the boarders would be your best bet.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Sportspack Mark
    youre close enough Stewart, any good ideas?

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Not my part of the Woods and its been a good few years since I last toured about in a car down there I’m afraid. There is the Road round that Galloway Forrest. I’m sure there is even a proper signposted driving route through it.

Glentrool Visitor Centre will have parking as its one of the main Mountain bike places over here. I see it has been getting work done over the last three months but hopes to be open in April. What the Newton Stewart road is like now that runs beside it I don’t know.

http://goo.gl/maps/xwkCB

There is always the good old fashioned Ayrshire Cost for fish and chips, plenty of parking at the front a Prestwick or further up to Largs.
    http://goo.gl/maps/pLGZG

Pity you could not have linked up with the NMS Highland Tour this year at the start of May but its a proper Highland West Coast run with a few over night stops. Stays in plockton and Tougue as we would have loved a few more cars and company. Its always good fun. Plus we head over to Applecross and it's one of those roads you need to do once in your life if not more..
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!