0 miles to go

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    I was a bit confused getting in the car in the morning anyway as it smelled really strong of a sickly fruity smell inside the car. It still does. I have no idea what it is, I don't like it at all though and I keep wondering if I've got a leak of something which is unnerving.
    I have been known to 'bottom burp' in mine .................. never felt the need to tell anyone mind

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Not just your Mum...
    Even having a wee 'emergency' 5L Petrol Can in the boot might be a good idea just in case you ever get 'caught short' again!
    OR you could check your range computer and no let it get to hee haw! Failing that you could REALLY think oot the box look at the wee thing inside called a "Fuel Gauge" and no let it get doon tae the bottom...

We need to thin out the chaff from this gene pool if you ask me!

it gave me about 100yds on 0 before it flatlined! the car was still cold - does it eat more fuel when it's colder? I'm guessing it might. Also I was having to stop and start between a string of traffic lights and I doubt that helped. The guy in the garage said there must be 'the wrong type of hill' just round the corner as he regularly saw people coming round for a jerry can having come to a stop just round the corner!

I honestly didn't think I was taking a chance I thought I had enough to do the journey twice. I'm sure when it's been getting low before it has served me fine on 30 odd miles of fuel so I wasn't concerned and I didn't think I was cutting it fine. I was a bit confused getting in the car in the morning anyway as it smelled really strong of a sickly fruity smell inside the car. It still does. I have no idea what it is, I can only think Vardy used something. I don't like it at all though so if they did, I wish they hadn't. And I keep wondering if I've got a leak of something which is unnerving.

Watch out for swans Ken, they are well vicious!
    Cold engine = choke out = richer mixture

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    I have been known to 'bottom burp' in mine .................. never felt the need to tell anyone mind

yes I often fart sweet synthetic fruit smells! Especially when I'm not in the car, it means I can really enjoy them when I get in in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Col View Post
    OR you could check your range computer and no let it get to hee haw! Failing that you could REALLY think oot the box look at the wee thing inside called a "Fuel Gauge" and no let it get doon tae the bottom...

We need to thin out the chaff from this gene pool if you ask me!
    Cheeky Get I was watching it anyway. What you don't know about me Col is that I worry way more than normal people. Seriously way more! If I thought I had something to worry about when I set off I wouldn't have hesitated to worry about it!

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Cheeky Get I was watching it anyway. What you don't know about me Col is that I worry way more than normal people. Seriously way more! If I thought I had something to worry about when I set off I wouldn't have hesitated to worry about it!
    Chaff.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    yes I often fart sweet synthetic fruit smells! Especially when I'm not in the car, it means I can really enjoy them when I get in in the morning.
    WTF???

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

MINIme:)
    keep up Euan!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    was a bit confused getting in the car in the morning anyway as it smelled really strong of a sickly fruity smell inside the car. It still does. I have no idea what it is, I can only think Vardy used something. I don't like it at all though so if they did, I wish they hadn't. And I keep wondering if I've got a leak of something which is unnerving.
    Ahhh, missed this one, but have you tried "Alka Seltzer", or taking the fruit out of the glove box?

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!