Snow Foam

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Right folks looking for a bit of advice. What's the Hampden roar with snow foam lances on pressure washers? Do they do away with the need to scrub every wash, are they just kinder to paint but the ol' 2 bucket method is require? Basically, if not a paint obsessive is it worth coughing up the dosh for a pressure washer or do they not really save that much effort?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I use snow foam with a lance and pressure washer. If you don't care that much about your paintwork, I'd say it was a waste of money.

In summer, I use it as a pre-wash to get most of the dirt off the car before the 2 bucket method

In winter, I just snow foam and pressure wash to clean my cars - no mitt used so as not to scratch the car.

Hope this helps

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Nah, 1 bucket method, fairy liquid and a sponge

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    More or less what Craig said
    New sig coming soon

I've been thinking about this myself, looked at buying:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_371.html

With:
    http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washin.../prod_326.html

The Meguiars seems expensive against the others (£30 vs £15) - But i'm drawn to the name, i really like Meguiars products, so i'm going with what i know, unless anyone has any other suggestions??
    Sometimes, i like to sit on the floor, pull my knees up to my chest, wrap my arms around my legs and tuck my head in.

Why?.......Because that's how i roll.

Car
    I use Autosmart Actimousse XLS and it's the best I've used . Doesn't come out like shaving foam but does clean very well

Car
    F56 Cooper
    The pressure washer is a given it has to be said. The foam Lance an added bonus.

Where are you in Glasgow?
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    See the foam then pressure wash in the winter is what I'm tempted by since my new car is going to be black so the fear of swirls is growing already. Gizmo's penchant for a manly manky motor remains strong I see.

Im in Aberdeen 90% of my time now Stewart. Need to update my profile.

My other question is does anyone think the dealer applied Autoglym treatment is any cop?

Car
    Not worth the money Col for the dealer applied stuff. Much better taking it home and giving it a good polish and couple of coats of good wax yourself

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I may be being unkind to the Dealer here but that sounds like just someone cracking open the AG and giving the car polish for a hefty charge. Got to emit I love doing the car, totally chilled relaxed out the front in my own wee world. Only thing is at this time of year washing is tricky let alone getting some polish and wax on the car.

Aaaa right! With that location I was going to say if you were local you could have a shot of my PW and lance.

So saying as your back in here - When is the MINI arriving?
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!