The New Paceman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    I take it the JCW version must be 32K or something as that was me not going overboard on the option list and it was still only an SD without the sports pack that currently I don’t see. As you can see even the Cooper without the all4 is at a crazy price. Hefty price tag for an All4 three door with a bigger boot than the Hatch.

Granted that’s the configuration price and as we all know that’s not the price you’ll find them on the lot especially if there they are not selling.

Ewan that’s how I see it, why buy an inferior model for more when the Hatch is there fully loaded in JCW guise in some cases five grand cheaper than an All4 SD.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post

the rear 3/4 view looks as if something very heavy landed on the back end of the roof. Maybe 'Advert Guy' put his Grooming Kit down on it by mistake... or perhaps his many pilfered goods literally "fell off the back of a Paceman".
    Could well be right Euan! they are obviously trying to copy the evoque. And although I thought i liked the evoque on pictures I hate it in the metal. Looks exactly that - like someone flattened it with a heavy weight. Think I'm gong to have to see it.
    Last edited by MINIme:); 24th January 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Well I like the looks of the Paceman

...but not the price

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    For me it is another MINI variant that does not offend or produce copious amounts of bile...

I like it
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by gauldrymini View Post
    For me it is another MINI variant that does not offend or produce copious amounts of bile... I like it
    Yes, while they don't 'offend' me, I'll admit it's quite a task to stay alert, suspicious and slightly grumpy about these more Lifestyle-leaning "MINI variants" which seem to be appearing quicker than you can say "Credit Crunch". Although I prefer to think of my reaction as 'copious amounts of mildly amusing but considered satirical analysis' rather than your common or garden 'bile'. Which is what we do with kettles (and 'incomers') in Lanarkshire

Anyway, my main complaint was the silly fashion-model and cliche-ridden advert rather than the car itself, which is OK... from most angles
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 24th January 2013 at 03:35 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Would rather buy a Rocketman when it finally becomes reality.

The Dogfather
    Didn't the Rocketman get canned?

Probably not enough profit margin in one of those.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    First shown at the Geneva Motor Show last year, reports in January claimed BMW had canned plans to put the car into production due to problems with stability, and getting it to meet crash regulations.

I think with the new F56 they have enough on amd we have still to see the new Paceman even on the roads yet.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    First shown at the Geneva Motor Show last year, reports in January claimed BMW had canned plans to put the car into production due to problems with stability, and getting it to meet crash regulations.
    Re. Rocketman - above: The former would make you a bit wary of the latter right enough
    Still, it takes some 'skill' to go from the MINI to something which is binned for those reasons - but that's what happens when the Marketing Department is pulling the design strings!

"Rocketman burning out his fuse up here alone" - obviously there were some electrical gremlins too! according to Elton.
    I've heard has had some design input for the next gen. Countryman...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ng.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	4025
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 19th February 2013 at 02:41 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    'bile'. Which is what we do with kettles (and 'incomers') in Lanarkshire