Mini One R56 Remap questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper S
    I have a 2010 Mini One R56 and would like to get it remapped, say up to 125bhp. Are there any issues remapping this model and is there someone in or around the Glasgow area that someone can recommend to do the job? I am struggling at present. Thanks.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    There are a few places that can tune your one but you may be as well looking at the bluefin map that you do your self don't know what bhp you will get tho !!
    New sig coming soon

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    There are a few places that can tune your one but you may be as well looking at the bluefin map that you do your self don't know what bhp you will get tho !!
    Thanks for your comments.

I know of the Bluefin but does that not suit the earlier One models as I am sure that my 2010 model is a little more tricky to remap?

In all honesty, it's probably not worth it for a few measly bhp. If you're chasing numbers, get an S

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Resident old yin.
    Is it a 1.6 or 1.4? I am not sure you would get 125bhp out of the 1.4.

Make sure you ask your insurance what the increase in premium would be.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini Cooper S
    I really don't need the power of an S to be honest.

It is the 1.6 and the Mini One 1.6 can be remapped to produce 125bhp without filter and exhaust changes.

I'd ask for dyno figures for your specific car before and after, and a refund if it doesn't do what they say

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

The Dogfather
    I take it they are effectively putting a Cooper engine map on it? Same strategy as with the R50 One.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by s999dja View Post
    I really don't need the power of an S to be honest.

It is the 1.6 and the Mini One 1.6 can be remapped to produce 125bhp without filter and exhaust changes.
    try etune in falkirk
    New sig coming soon

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    try etune in falkirk
    Leanne would definitely concur with that!