DAB Offer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident old yin.
    DAB is great but is very difficult to navigate all the stations, as someone said they are in groups. It is not something that should be done on the move.

I wish you could scroll through them all at the same time.

Having recently switched from regular to Visual Boost, navigating the DAB system is much easier.

Plus with a multi-line screen, displaying the song title and artist (info which is embedded in the DAB signal) is much more readable - on a standard display it often didn't fit.

So now what I want is a way to go back to that display every time I start the car, rather having to navigate to it.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Trigger

I get DAB in Howgate but not at Leadburn.
    Get it in Penicuik and in Edinburgh.

mikeythemini
    There are lots of different dab solutions now - a very good one is the alpine ezidab - fitting one to a MINI first on Friday so will get some pics etc

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeythemini View Post
    There are lots of different dab solutions now - a very good one is the alpine ezidab - fitting one to a MINI first on Friday so will get some pics etc
    Looking forward to seeing the pics Mikey!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

mikeythemini
    Fitted this last week into a 2013 model MINI first.
    The small removable screen was fitted using one of our no holes mounts & the USB into the glovebox.
    The system gives you a huge choice of stations & comes with a window mounted aerial.
    The buttons can be illuminated in orange to match the car lighting & the display can be set for big station name or station name with text.
    The USB in the glovebox can be used for memory sticks or ipods & gives full browsing.
    While we had the car we also installed our A pillar tweeter upgrade & channel swap.

The kit is available here NewMINIStuff.com
    Video EziDAB digital radio in a MINI - YouTube

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Looks great Mikey and definitely seems like a far better option than the Mini DAB retro fit. Would this be suitable for my car? I know it's a tough ask without seeing the car but it is an early R56 S with only the standard radio/head unit, no iPod compatability and only the lower glovebox, not the double glovebox that was introduced later?

mikeythemini
    Yes would fit fine

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeythemini View Post
    Yes would fit fine
    Excellent! That's my birthday sorted then Roll on April!