more info on the f56

Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Resident old yin.
    I wonder if all versions will get the LED tube style lights?
    I am not a fan of these in general. I certainly would not pay extra for them.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I would think they will be standard as daylight running lights across the range. I’d think adding LED lights would be a cheap as chips as they say. One thing for sure is your going to know a F56 at night. I tend to think some of the LED running light on the road already are too much of a bling statement.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Looks a bit manga from the back.

I just wish each new iteration of car (any car) would improve steering feel

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Resident old yin.
    Agreed Stewart. A lot of these lights are blinding.

I know on Audis (A1 at least) you only get LED DRLs if you spec Xenons at about £800!
    Otherwise you get a normal bulb. I would be happy enough with that as I usually stick on my sidelights in the day.

Are Leds not required to meet future European legislation?

Resident old yin.
    Daytime lights are required on all new models. They don't need to be light emitting diodes though.

I love the LED DRLs Yes these are now a legal requirment on all new (newly designed vehicles 2012 onwards) and and is about time as far as I'm concerned, anything to help make ourselves more visible to those old nutters out there who always end up saying "Oh I didnt see you coming beefore I pulled out in front of you etc etc!!

Those DRLs will either go off together or dim themselves to sidelight levels once the headlights are activated, I personally think that once you switch your headlights on they will go off and the spot where the current sidelights/foglights are now will then illuminate the sidelight as per usual

The only two things I was really looking forward to about this new car were the DRLs and the HUD, those DRLs will suffice I suppose, but the HUD IMHO could have been much better integrated in the car as far as I'm concerned, BUT the proof will be in the eating of the cake as they say

Is it just me or does the 'S' bonnet scoop (probably non-functional) look to be a lot lower down the bonnet and is lower than the headlamps by the looks of it, kinda weird to me.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    The new 2015 MINI Traveller

Last edited by Stewart; 15th November 2013 at 09:48 PM.

Without a size perspective, I think in 2 of the pictures it looks like a Mondeo estate........which although not a mini, i quite like. if that makes sense!!