more info on the f56

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,053 of 1053
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Stopped for a coffee, mid-test drive of an f56 Cooper in white silver with chilli pack.Very imoressed so far, this car is quick! Will try to post some pics later.
    Ken, did you have any further thoughts after your test drive? Have I missed them? Be interested to hear your 'Post Drive' report

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Resident old yin.
    Thanks for reminding me to post more thoughts.

I was very impressed with my F56 Cooper test drive which was about 2 months ago now. I still have about a month to wait for my Cooper, seems to be taking forever!

Inside the new car is fantastic, although I have had no complaints with my r56 cars the new car is much better quality, or at least it appears to be much better. I suppose the test of time is the real arbiter on this front.

The controls are better, the new climate control knobs are very nice quality. Most people will like that you don't need to actually use the "key" but I will probably lose mine!

The rev counter is now a bit hidden to the left of the speedo. Given that the speed is still given in the digital display I would prefer the rev counter to be more central. Removing the central speedo is a step in the right direction though, I never look at the speed in my current car. The fuel gauge is different but suits the car somehow.

i would highly recommend the visual boost radio as it looks great and if like me you like DAB radio it is so much easier to navigate channels than on the standard system. You can also customise it to display a variety of features. It can also be turned off if it is too much.

The LED ring around the central display is a bit OTT but you can at least turn it off.

They are slightly more practical if that is a concern, more room in the rear seats and the boot is a bit bigger.

Driving the Cooper version is a real step forward. It is appreciably faster than the outgoing car with much more torque. The three cylinder engine sounds far better than I was expecting. The gear shift is shorter and snappier than before. The clutch is nice and light too.

in terms of handling, the car drove really well although I did not take any risks. It rides really smoothly but still feels planted, clever really. Feels like a car with a much longer wheelbase.

in summary, I feel the new car is a big step forward. I really like the look of them. The more you look at them, the more you appreciate the styling, even the large rear lights look good in the flesh.

That's all I can think of right now.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Cheers Ken, good review - always handy to hear a first-hand account of the new car. I still feel that while the S will be a great drive, the COOPER is probably the best all-rounder.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!