more info on the f56

Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/11/...le-headlights/

MINI has some history of giving away real cars in their concepts. Will the f56 looks be along the lines of the rocketman?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Hmm, not sure on this if i like the look or the concept

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Put that up yesterday on TM. I'm more then happy the lights are still round just not too keen on Chinsy light surrounds. But hay they could look nice in the flesh.
    New F56 Spy Shots Confirm Rocketman-style Headlights!

As test mules continue to circle Germany for the next generation MINI hatch, spy photographers are snapping more and more photos of the car’s details. This latest image confirms something we’ve been reporting for more than a year: the F56 will have Rocketman-style headlights. The “halo” light rings aren’t turned on for this test mule, but they’re clearly visible. Also obvious in these shots is just how much cladding is sitting on top of the car’s true shape (look at the access hatch seams, for instance). Completely hidden are the car’s front grill shape and hoodline, which we also expect to be heavily influenced by the Rocketman Concept. All of this bodes well for the F56′s final design.

We expect the F56 to debut online in late in the summer of 2013, with a public debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September. Production should start at Oxford shortly afterwards with European deliveries happening as early as November. Look for the car make it’s way to the US in late 2013 or early 2014.

Romour Mill with regards to new MINI’s…

MINI 3/5dr - Increased demand leads to the next generation MINI due next year with five drs for the 1st time.

MINI Sedan - Sporty four dr MINI aimed at increasing markets for MINI products, potentially could be MINI’s best global seller overtaking the Countryman.

MINI Cabrio - Latest F56 rendition of the popular open top MINI.

MINI Roadster - Next Roadster and Coupe will launch with a sportier look which is completely separate from the standard MINI. The typical MINI design elements will be present but bodywork is not based on the hatch family.

MINI Coupe - Coupe version of Roadster , more individual in appearance.

MINI Countryman - Next generation of the global MINI juggernaut, heavily shared with BMW X1

MINI Paceman/XL - Next generation of new MINI member will be offered with 5 door version as well as 3 door.

MINI Clubman - Current car revisited with more style and more flexibility, more of a Shooting Brake with dynamic raked roof and forward looking
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Rumour Mill with regards to new MINI’s…

MINI 3/5dr - Increased demand leads to the next generation MINI due next year with five drs for the 1st time.
    MINI Sedan - Sporty four dr MINI aimed at increasing markets for MINI products, potentially could be MINI’s best global seller overtaking the Countryman.
    MINI Cabrio - Latest F56 rendition of the popular open top MINI.
    MINI Roadster - Next Roadster and Coupe will launch with a sportier look which is completely separate from the standard MINI. The typical MINI design elements will be present but bodywork is not based on the hatch family.
    MINI Coupe - Coupe version of Roadster , more individual in appearance.
    MINI Countryman - Next generation of the global MINI juggernaut, heavily shared with BMW X1
    MINI Paceman/XL - Next generation of new MINI member will be offered with 5 door version as well as 3 door.
    MINI Clubman - Current car revisited with more style and more flexibility, more of a Shooting Brake with dynamic raked roof and forward looking
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To paraphrase 'Highlander'
    "There WAS only one!"

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

NO.....just no.

Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    NO.....just no.
    Is it maybe just an 'Age Thing' Malcolm? Maybe we just don't like change...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    NO.....just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Is it maybe just an 'Age Thing' Malcolm? Maybe we just don't like change...
    Correct. It's an age thing. Nothing in that list that causes me any sleepless nights other than the Countryman platform being "shared with the X1".

There's a saying in the Borders which I absolutely detest, but you two would fit in just fine down here because it's the land of "aye been".

Sorry if that upsets Ewan or Malcolm but all these changes do nothing to your own car; it's still sitting there on your drive loosing money on a daily basis.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

The Dogfather
    I remember when it was just classic owners that complained that the MINI had got too big.

On that list there’s only the Countryman, Paceman XL and the sedan that I have a problem with especially if they can make the Coupe and Roadster look good unlike the current models.

Shame there’s no rocket man, that might have seen me back in a MINI albeit a mini one.

Let's not forget we were the first on MNS to have a convertible...... and the first to have Clubman.......so no, I've never had a problem with change. Also think the Coupe and the Roadster are great, but not for me at this point in time. Apart from being a fantastic drive, which many cars can provide, I love the Mini because of the retro look and the nostalgia. I don't get any of that from the Countryman, Paceman, Rocketman etc. I would rather have a totally different car.
    And although the R56 is a better "car" than the R53, the R53 was /is the best looking new Mini. As Paul said, we all thought the R56 was too fat!!
    All of course "in my opinion" and no offence meant to anyone who thinks otherwise. But as my old boss used to say "you are all entitled to your opinion, it's just some people have dumb opinions"..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Correct. It's an age thing. Nothing in that list that causes me any sleepless nights other than the Countryman platform being "shared with the X1".

There's a saying in the Borders which I absolutely detest, but you two would fit in just fine down here because it's the land of "aye been". Sorry if that upsets Ewan or Malcolm but all these changes do nothing to your own car; it's still sitting there on your drive loosing money on a daily basis.A.
    Nothing on NMS or in MINI land causes me 'sleepless nights' Andy - there are plenty of other things in life which are liable to do that!

Don't file me away in the "Old Fart Cupboard" just yet! I'm not always averse to change if and when required, but I've said it before, when MINI get into 'platform sharing' and the like, it just moves the goal-posts a bit too far from the game I enjoy. Seems MINI are bringing out new kit not that long after the 'old new kit'....

Not sure if I 'get' your final point about 'change' though, which seems to say it's basically putting the financial boot into the current models, which is indeed the case - every new model which comes out automatically devalues the previous one, so doesn't that flag up a rather important negative effect of all this seemingly endless updating? Looking at the bigger picture, you could argue that it's the practice of always creating the "New Improved Must Have Thing" whether it's a car, a house or an iPad, which just feeds the credit-driven ever-hungry consumer machine which arguably has caused a lot of the financial turmoil we're in today.

Maybe it's not so much an 'Age Thing' as a way of thinking. It's true to say we shouldn't live in the land of "Aye Been", but I'd argue it's not always a good idea to be constantly dissatisfied with the present (Christmas or otherwise) and throw buckets of money we don't have trying to travel to the land of "Gonnae Be"...