Deid bugs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Deid Bugs on your car for weeks? Pure laziness!!!
    Whatever you do, you should maybe soak them for a while to soften up their poor smashed wee bodies, rather than trying to scrape them off 'in one go'.

Not really sure what to do, you see I always wash them off straight away, because I'm a good boy who loves his car and not a workshy layabout who indulges herself with tea and crisps...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

MINIme:)
    Indeed Alan, especially since my Mum phoned for some chit chat and set me back an hour. Maybe there's time to pour some hot water over the bumper for a soak and just clean the wheels...

Euan, you can be as judgemental as you like with your pamper palace garage and spare runabout car us workshy layabout types have to struggle on regardless, it's so tough, you just don't understand.
    I think I will have another cup of tea. Actually I'm feeling highly motivated I might soak some bugs while having a cup of tea.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    [B] I'm a good boy who loves his car and not a workshy layabout who indulges herself with tea and crisps...
    Some of us don’t have the option to lovingly wash our car knowing its getting put to bed in a wee house.

Having come back from Lochaber a few weeks back I still have not washed my car. In fact I was having withdrawal symptoms as my old and trusty PW finally gave up the ghost, well the lance did last week. So no excuse to buy a new PW coming next week. Had to order a Bosch Aquatak 115 Plus Pressure Washer (115 Bar) on Friday so as to keep the right adaptor for the foam lance. The old PW, a B&Q special lasted six or seven years so can’t complain.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Stew I'm watching Lidl for the same offer to come round again.....A power washer will make a big difference to my car washing enjoyment I think!
    how much was your new one?

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    Euan, you can be as judgemental as you like with your pamper palace garage and spare runabout car us workshy layabout types have to struggle on regardless, it's so tough, you just don't understand. I think I will have another cup of tea. Actually I'm feeling highly motivated I might soak some bugs while having a cup of tea.
    Aye, but I USED to always wash them off when it was my daily driver!
    Why not combine the two and pour some tea on the bugs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Some of us don’t have the option to lovingly wash our car knowing its getting put to bed in a wee house. .
    ... and the same goes for you too Stewart!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

I filled a bucket of hot water!

and turned round and it's raining

not for those of a nervous disposition

I love my car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1230.jpg   IMG_1231.jpg  

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I don’t mind getting a good PW as I enjoy the whole car washing thing so feel it is worth the money to get something I’m happy with. If it lasts as long as the last that was a lot cheaper then I’ll be happy.

Look away Jo as the price was £124 delivered. Truth be told the 110 Bar one at just under the £100 would have done but as it will get well used went for the more powerful better model. Next is to give the car a polish and seal for winter as I usually just foam and rinse over the period. Plus it get too brass Monkey's to be out washing cars so a quick PW takes the worst off.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    A bucket and sponge with hot water will cure the front of your car it might take a few goes but just hold the sponge on the dead bodies before wiping them and they'll soon disappear .. A spray with AG fast glass before hand works too
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I don't own a powerhose Joanna but if you have a hose with just a standard fitment (wide spray or direct spray, dunno how to describe it) as long as you hose the car as soon as your back the bugs come off easy if you've put the prep in before hand. I know Craig spent a lot of time on your car so that I have no worries about but if you've left them more than a couple of days you're gonna need some elbow grease!

I drove up from Perth the other week on a really sunny day and before I even went into my flat, I cranked out the hose, blasted the front end and then dried...good as new.

As the old saying goes, the more prep you put in now, the better you're results will be later!

Here's one for you. All the shiney cars in my car park always get blasted by the birds, all the manky ones survive. Someone told me there is truth in the whole they only poop on clean cars because apparently they catch their reflection and s**te themselves
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.