Deid bugs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MINIme:)
    There are about a million dead things slammed on the front bumper of my wee car after an aberdeen trip a couple of weeks ago. I think it's time I washed it. I usu find I struggle to get a good result on bugs because I don't have a pressure washer yet or snow foam to loosen stuff. A mitt doesn't seem to cut it. I wondered whether I should acquire something else (is tar remover sometimes called 'bug and tar remover' or did I imagine that?) or is my instinct to avoid the scratchy looking bug remover pads actually unfounded and they are ok to use?

thanks for any help gurus

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    For bugs I normally just wash the car as soon after they are on and they normally come straight off due to the car being waxed.

As you've said the bugs have been on for weeks so your gonna have to use something that's gonna strip the wax. So I'd normally use some g101 sprayed on the front of the car and left to work for a few minutes (but not dry) then rub with a mf cloth or sponge. Rinse and see what's left.

As I say I rarely have to do the later as I don't let them "weld" onto the front on the car ,)

oh dear! ok well I am not due a wax for a couple of months (I haven't invested in any stuff myself yet and don't plan to this year) and I also still have to get some G101 from you so I'll do what I can with a mitt and AG shampoo I guess!! I'll aim to get my act together a bit more in the future I do loads of motorway driving these days though so it's bugs galore just constantly.
    Thanks for the help as ever.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I use the mesh type mitts or pads to get rid of bugs.

cool just realised there's a soft mesh side to my mitt. It looks too soft to be useful but I will experiment!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I would say Joanna that any cleaning techniques from the self confessed leader of the manky mob should be taken with a bucket of salt !!

gah I'm caught between the two leaders ...the manky one I prob belong in a mob with and the one that helps me out on a regular basis, despite my failure to comply with shiny guidelines.

I'll maybe start my own team - 'Clueless and doesn't make the time'. Have to add though, it has occurred to me that being too shiny may enhance my status as a target from car park football playing meanies . I'll show you the scratches next time I see you...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I would say Joanna that any cleaning techniques from the self confessed leader of the manky mob should be taken with a bucket of salt !!
    To be fair, even although i am the king of mank, i always wash off bird crap and bugs, but......................... i only wash the affected area
    I see no harm in using a mesh type mitt on those areas, in fact, my latest mitt was purchased from Polished Bliss and is a Meguiars product

I'll report back!, just once I've started....but first I'm going to have a wee psyche up with a cup of tea and a packet of crisps.
    You've got me thinking, maybe I could just do the front bumper...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    You've got me thinking, maybe I could just do the front bumper...
    Works for me