R56 JCW power mods and re-maps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    Warranty work should not be any issue as long as you don't have an engine, transmission, emission, braking fault.

TLC may be voided as it says (or at least it used to say) it was not available on third party modified cars. Individual dealers may ignore this though.

On the issue of these plugin maps being detectable, do modern cars not record where changes were made to them?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    It is highly unlikely that the map will be detected I also know if the dealer flashes you car back to standard then p torque will re flash it with your updated map for free as far as I have been told :)

You could always try etune they have mapped lots of minis and are in Falkirk
    New sig coming soon

Waito
    Thanks for the replies. Might give them and ring and find out about prices and how they go about mapping the car etc

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Waito View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Might give them and ring and find out about prices and how they go about mapping the car etc
    Worth a phone
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R58 2012 JCW Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Waito View Post
    eTune mapped my Mini. No BMW issues as has been in since mapping :) car runs great now :)
    eTune'd Mini JCW Coupe

Leanne :) xo

Waito
    Quote Originally Posted by T5LLC View Post
    eTune mapped my Mini. No BMW issues as has been in since mapping :) car runs great now :)
    What sort of power is the car now? Thanks

Car
    R58 2012 JCW Coupe
    Running just over 250bhp now
    eTune'd Mini JCW Coupe

Car
    F56 Cooper
    250 BHP

Nice 40 BHP jump there, it must be bloody rapid now and its not like it was slow to begin with. Did you find out what it was on to begin with??? Some say the Mini figures are down in the official figures to that of actual for insurance and to be more tax friendly. Should be hitting 208BHP standard if i read things right.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    R58 2012 JCW Coupe
    It was over 208 standard as noted with BMW. I made 36bhp with my map :)
    eTune'd Mini JCW Coupe

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I know I’m dragging up a long dead thread here but all of the talk of various bhp figures lacks one very basic bit of information.
    Example: Petrol Ped (Peter Greaves) has just had the full Manic Stage 2 (down pipe, intercooler etc etc) fitted at Lohen.
    His base figure bhp was 238bhp which no-one could actually believe. He posted his dyno charts, which proved him to be correct, and after the job was complete he was getting 270bhp.
    This got me thinking about how on Earth he was running at 239bhp in a standard R59 JCW !!!
    Eventually I sussed it out.
    Lohen always use the flywheel bhp figures, and not wheel bhp, as do most other tuners and manufacturers.
    It’s a nice ploy to quote larger figures in their marketing.
    The original Lohen quote of 238bhp would equate to 202bhp at the wheels which isn’t too bad compared to the original MINI quoted figure of 211bhp when new.
    270bhp at the fly equates to roughly 230bhp at the wheels.
    The moral is always ask if the bhp figures quoted are at the flywheel or at the wheels.
    You could be spending your pennies on a lot less than you think.
    So in retrospect there’s no point in blowing £1800 on a full Stage 2 setup, with extras, to gain a dynoed 28wbhp, when a Stage 1 will gain you anything up to 35wbhp for about £1400 less.
    I believe that this is a classic example of do your research well before blowing your cash.
    Yes, I have been looking into it...

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.