Mini cooper 2005

Alg1967
    Hi folks new to the forum just looking for a wee bit advice if possible. Bought secondhand mini cooper 2005 for wife couple of weeks ago started to make a noise from front so took to garage found out it required new strut bearings £300 bill, got advisory that car needs new front wheel hub and advisory on front discs and pads which would cost £400 Not to good with cars anyone advise best place to go for repairs as thought £400 a bit steep especially after buying the car, road taxing it and insuring the car for my 18yr old daughter with no years discount.

Need to know best place for parts as the garage quoted £110 +vat for the hub alone before fitting didn't want to purchase off the Internet incase bought the wrong part any advice help assistance greatly appreciated

PS live in Fife area

Cheers Alan

MINIme:)
    Hi, and
    I don't know anywhere to buy parts in Fife I'm afraid, closest suggestion I can make would be that as a forum member you could get a small discount (usu 10%) at the Peter Vardy dealership round the east side of Edinburgh. My other places I would go are independents in Glasgow which is prob a bit further than you'd want. Not sure if this much help to you, maybe someone nearer to you can help.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    My family own a garage in Edinburgh and Im sure could try and help you out. If you want the contact details send me a P.M