GP 2 Revealed at last...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    I would prefer that it looked like a normal MINI. A special colour is fine but those wheels, the plastic add ons and the childish stickers ruin it for me.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Aaargh! We've been evicted!
    I'm going to go to the new thread and start posting about the GP

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Aaargh! We've been evicted!
    I'm going to go to the new thread and start posting about the GP

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

There is so much power to be found so easily and cheaply in that engine. Longevity of said power is a question mark however.

I just find the 'Ring times as a comparison a bit pointless tbh, it's like 0-60 used to be. If you wanted to get round the 'Ring quick for £28k, you wouldn't buy a Mini

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    I just find the 'Ring times as a comparison a bit pointless tbh
    Yeah, but it's a number and you know how small boys want their number to be better than any other boys' numbers.

LadyR
    Oh boys...where's my 'rolls eyes' icon...

Resident old yin.
    Agreed!

The Dogfather
    I was referring to the original post in which you incorrectly claimed I was wrong about the Golf R not your original post in the thread.

You posted twice hence the - updated - tag being shown, the vB forum software joins the posts together rather than show them as two individual posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Like this…...

- - - Updated - - -

As an observation it comes across that in your eyes MINI can do no wrong?

Personally I can see when they’ve done right - the customisation options across the range, the R50/R53 chassis and the R56 fJCW overall.

When they ballsed up - midlands gearbox, R50/3 steering pump, the R56S cold start rattle, dual mass flywheel, the looks of the Coupe’s roof.

And when they’re just trying to grab every penny from an outgoing platform without spending too much - Coupe's weight and the £29k GP2 which only has 215hp.
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 31st December 2012 at 12:48 AM.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    soooooo..."the GP Revealed at last" Yup, well I sat in one two weeks ago and I have to say it's awesome. I think if I wanted one I'd be following my heart as it's a hefty pricetag for what it is, but my head would be saying buy a FJCW (some would say buying a Mini at all is following your heart given reliability, cost and practicality ). I personally have no interested in 'Ring times. Yes, I may have a squint at them but I'd never buy a car based on them. I want my car to feel great, look great and drive great in my hands, not some old racing driver hooning it round a German forest. I can see both sides in that yes, Mini may have missed the mark, but who cares, what they have produced has completely sold out so what do they care! It's a thumbs up for the GP from me.

All of this is in my humble opinion of course, I am not taking sides in any which way shape or form, purely giving my opinion on what I think about the new GP.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.