Boot won't open

Car
    R58 2012 JCW Coupe
    Friend has a gen 2 2008 Cooper S. Latest problem with it is the boot won't open... With either the boot button on the key or button on the boot itself. Any ideas?
    eTune'd Mini JCW Coupe

Leanne :) xo

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Try unlocking using the central locking lever on the centre panel if it has one.
    If that doesn't work then you'll probably have to use the emergency release cable under the rear seat

Car
    F56 Cooper
    As far as I'm aware thats quite a common problem certainly with the earlier S's. My S has had the boot catch replaced a few times, as if they don't tighten it enough it rattles and if they tighten it too much it wont release the boot.

As Alan says if it won't open, use the emergency release for now.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    R58 2012 JCW Coupe
    I will pass the info on to him. He has had zero luck with this Mini the 6 months he has owned it :( to get it repaired is it expensive?
    eTune'd Mini JCW Coupe

Leanne :) xo

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Not normally Leanne as its the metal hoop on the tailgate that connects into the mechanism on the boot

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I've yet to pay for it to be replaced as it's tiny and they always do it out of goodwill. Probably cos they know I'd go nuts if they charged me £40 to fit a £2 part lol
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.