new front lower control arm bushes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mini Mad
    Car
    solid gold 2004 (BMW) MINI COOPER
    How much does it cost to get the front lower control arm done?
    I've got new housings and bushes ready to fit I was going to do it myself but I tryed and failed :(

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Don't know tbh better off going to your local garage and asking for a quote I would say
    New sig coming soon

Mini Mad
    Car
    Yeah I've sent an email to.peter vardy's just waiting on them getting back to me
    If there asking stupid money I'll see how much the local guy down the road can do it for.

It would of been ok if you could get a breaker bar and socket on to the back bolt with out having to drop the subframe :(

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by markjbb View Post
    If there asking stupid money
    I think you can safely assume its going to silly money from a dealer
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

^^^ steer clear of a dealer for this IMO, a decent local garage will do this quite easily I would have thought. One of the key things to change on an R53 IMO, the difference once you've had it done makes it worth it

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mini Mad
    Car
    Well vardy's quoted me £464 and went on about that they would need to be BMW parts....

So I'll see if the local guy down the road can do it before he puts it through its mot .

Dealers only ever do the bare minimum to keep cars running, i.e. oil and filters. Bushes are not something they ever think about, hence they're not very good at it and charge loads.

Polybush them, as OEM will just fail again. Do the lower engine mount when you're there, makes a big difference

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mini Mad
    Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Dealers only ever do the bare minimum to keep cars running, i.e. oil and filters. Bushes are not something they ever think about, hence they're not very good at it and charge loads.

Polybush them, as OEM will just fail again. Do the lower engine mount when you're there, makes a big difference

it booked in at the garage down the road the new housing with power flex bushes pre-installed are in the boot ready to be fitted

i was going to do them myself but i've just not got the room to drop the subframe my garage just isn't big enough

If you're dropping the subframe, consider getting ball joints done at the same time. The car will feel like new again

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Its not actually that bad to drop the subframe on one of these. You wouldnt need to drop it right out to do the bushes. If its just a single narrow garage though you may struggle to lie on the floor and have room for your legs out the side.