Brake Pad Replacement... ???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSco View Post
    Thanks Gordon...Text sent... Cheers...
    No problem Rob......just let me know if you need his number
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    My front are showing 4K left, what was the price PV quoted for this value service. HF giffnock tried to charge me £30 to fit a bulb yesterday hence I did it myself. Honestly MINI dealers two minute job by someone that knows what they are doing and cant help out a customer for nothing with my buying the bulb at £2. So did it myself.

Car being kept till next summer so looking for a place to Service it and brakes and MOT. Out of warranty and TLC MINI are no fun at all.
    Hi Stewart

Here's the price of the Peter Vardys Value Services, but these are available at all BMW Mini franchise... http://www.petervardymini.co.uk/serv...-value-service ...

But it's for Mini's up to 2006 only, so your R56 Cooper won't be covered... ...Can't believe they tried to charge you £30 to change a bulb...

I'm now getting my brakes done by a mate of Gordons who has a garage in Larbert... and I'm Very Happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    No problem Rob......just let me know if you need his number
    Hi Gordon

Thanks Again - Totally amazed at the price I'm getting them fitted for, Just sent you a text, you can either send me his number by text or PM me on here... Thanks Again... ...Owe you a drink...

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah £32 fitted and in truth I should have never asked as it was a five minute job you should be able to do. I hate anything to do with removing parts myself so thought if someone could spare a few minutes that would be great, but seemingly a goodwill gesture is something rare these days, started getting worried when the girl started printing off a sheet. Guy last time just got the bulb and put it in for me but I guess the age of the car now flags up “out of warranty”.

Great you got a deal on the Brakes, part reason I drive my car as I do is I simply cant afford to replace tyre, brakes etc over the norm.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    John Ritchie Pro-Grip 01324 557071 and his website... http://www.pro-grip.org.uk/Home.html

Top bloke.....known him for 20+ years....always serviced my cars back when he did it up the side of his dad house to present day in his new wee unit at Larbert

I think a few guys on here have used him for his lazer wheel alignment
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    John Ritchie Pro-Grip 01324 557071 and his website... http://www.pro-grip.org.uk/Home.html

Top bloke.....known him for 20+ years....always serviced my cars back when he did it up the side of his dad house to present day in his new wee unit at Larbert

I think a few guys on here have used him for his lazer wheel alignment
    Thanks Gordon, will give him a call to arrange a day to get this done... Very much appreciated... ...Will let you know when I get it done...

Drifter
    Well finally got the Rear Disc's and Brake Pads fitted by John Ritchie of Pro-Grip on 01324 557071 and his website... http://www.pro-grip.org.uk/index.html, Excellent job well done and will be using again for anything else in the future, next job will be the Front Disc's and Brake Pads, time to save...

Big Thanks to Gordon who pointed me in the right direction to getting this done... Cheers... ...Also nice to have met up with you again Gordon at John's, still owe you that drink...

Where do I find how long my pads have to go on the cars computer.
    LOVE LIFE,LIVE LIVI

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Great news Robert

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam1314 View Post
    Where do I find how long my pads have to go on the cars computer.
    Brake Pad Warning Light came on with mine due to the sensor that is fitted on the brake pads, Computer won't tell you how many miles you've got left on the pads as it's all down to how hard you are on your brakes...

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSco View Post
    Big Thanks to Gordon who pointed me in the right direction to getting this done... Cheers... ...Also nice to have met up with you again Gordon at John's, still owe you that drink...
    No problemo Roberto.....good to see you again for a blethir