Brake Pad Replacement... ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    That is a good point Rob.

How many miles have you done? In my S I traded it with about 35k miles. The computer said it would be another 8k miles before they needed replaced.
    My Cooper has just passed the 50K miles, so might be time to change...

I would be surprised if the rear discs are worn significantly, the rears on the R50 do very little work. Normally corrosion through lack of use is a bigger problem.

Fronts should have a decent lip on them by now to be fair, I used to get 20k out a set of OEM discs and pads at the front

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    The rear calipers are known for seizing on which could have compounded the issue ...

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    The rear calipers are known for seizing on which could have compounded the issue ...

Aye....tell me about it....I'm on my 3rd offside rear and ours has only done 24k...!!!
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Drifter
    Well after a few weeks have went by I'm no further forward in replacing rear brake disc's and pads... ...I've searched high and low looking at all possibilities and prices, even Hamish was giving me a good price on the parts, it was the fitting them that was the problem, and when you totalled everything up, parts and getting someone to fit them, the price was around the same as getting it done at Perter Vardy...

Now looking at the Mini Value Services that Peter Vardy do, and for rear disc's and pads the price is quite reasonable considering what it was going to cost for buying the parts alone, as well as this they come with a 2 year warranty, so will have to find the time to get it booked in...

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I have a mate who runs a wee garage in Larbert if you want me to give him a call Rob I need to call him anyway to book the daughters car in
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    I have a mate who runs a wee garage in Larbert if you want me to give him a call Rob I need to call him anyway to book the daughters car in
    Hi Gordon

Thanks for that... Worth a try to see what he would take for the rear, I've nothing to lose but would be good to know... Thanks...

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    What prices do you want me to get..?? Fitting only or parts and fitting..??

P.S. just tried to phone you....left a message

P.P.S. Need your reg number so he's costing the correct parts
    Last edited by Big Gordy; 12th September 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    What prices do you want me to get..?? Fitting only or parts and fitting..??

P.S. just tried to phone you....left a message

P.P.S. Need your reg number so he's costing the correct parts
    Thanks Gordon...Text sent... Cheers...

Car
    F56 Cooper
    My front are showing 4K left, what was the price PV quoted for this value service. HF giffnock tried to charge me £30 to fit a bulb yesterday hence I did it myself. Honestly MINI dealers two minute job by someone that knows what they are doing and cant help out a customer for nothing with my buying the bulb at £2. So did it myself.

Car being kept till next summer so looking for a place to Service it and brakes and MOT. Out of warranty and TLC MINI are no fun at all.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!