Wheels...opinions please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LadyR
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343325336.353200.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	3670
    I use these wheels for a few short months in the winter as they are marginally better in the weather than the r105s. However I grudge putting them on cause the car just looks totally different and not how I like it. They are also not in great nick, this wheel in particular was kerbed when I bought them. Tyres are virtually new though. I guess I wouldn't get much for them if I were to sell as-is, since they could do with a full refurb....so planning taking them down to RimTech tomorrow to get priced up for refurb and powder coating- black. Then I'll happily have them on the car for 6 months! Plus one of the r105s has a major ding in it and I'm hoping to get some good customer discount!!!! Am I being daft to spend the money on doing them up? And any rough idea how much it'll set me back??

Will they be able to powder coat the centre plastic trim.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Cooper Coupe...

LadyR
    Hmm, this crossed my mind...I hope so, if I had to get the middle bits redone I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world since they're only wee.

Car
    R56 S in Dark Silver. Oh Yeah.
    they look better in black

LadyR
    Yass Alex, that's what am talking about!! Did you get yours powder coated, or bought in that colour? What finish is that, gloss or satiny?

Car
    R56 S in Dark Silver. Oh Yeah.
    in all honesty that was just black paint that a friend of mine did to see if I liked them. I will be getting them refurbed properly shortly. Luckily there is a place called SEM very close to where I live which are one of the best refurb companies nationwide. They can paint or coat the alloys so I was going to take one in for some advice. I will let you know how I get on. Hopefully can get them in sometime next weekend.

LadyR
    Well guys, I couldn't wai for your opinions to come in, so I stuck the wheels into RimTech to make up in the same satin black as the r105's, gonna cost a fair whack but I know they'll do a good job....will post pics if anyone's interested. If like to see how durable the centre caps are.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyR View Post
    Well guys, I couldn't wai for your opinions to come in, so I stuck the wheels into RimTech to make up in the same satin black as the r105's, gonna cost a fair whack but I know they'll do a good job....will post pics if anyone's interested. If like to see how durable the centre caps are.
    Definitely post up pictures

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Good luck with it.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I'm sure rim tech did one of my wheels in the past and I had no issues, well until someone dropped it on its face on a driveway