MINI Clubvan

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Big benefit to a registered business though is that they can claim the VAT back. They cant do that with a Clumban car though.

Are the prices listed inc VAT or plus VAT????

The MINI One Clubvan starts at £11,175 + VAT (£13,410 inc. VAT)
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by gauldrymini View Post
    ...been confirmed as a new variant, for all the "variant haters" that is SEVEN now for the MINI brand.
    "Variant Haters"? Hmmmmm. Not sure NMS folks will be comfortable being "labelled" because some of us don't necessarily agree with MINI milking the brand for everything it's worth with models which could be considered either unnecessary or to be moving the original 'MINI Ethos' further and further into mainstream territory, with the genuine concern that future models could well dilute the fundamental driving experience which, as enthusiasts, we presumably all value. Surely we can express an honest heartfelt opinion without the risk of being seen as a negative sub-division?

Anyway... The Clubvan. I really don't mind it at all - on reflection, a part of me actually quite fancies it as it's (in MINI terms) a more 'Back-to-Basics' practical piece of kit, not just for business use (though it's still a bit small for a lot of work requirements as Stoney pointed out), but for folks who don't need 4 seats and would find the rear room handy it could be just the thing - a sort of Coupe with overalls and workboots. For the record, pulling on my "Variant Hater" t-Shirt, I think it's a far better use of metal and paint than the Rocketman concept, which would certainly fall into my 'unnecessary' category.

However, I'll still stick to my original 'Clubvan' point of view expressed previously on NMS that I don't think it would take a massive amount of imagination or a great feat of engineering to take a decent 2nd-Hand Clubbie and make it 'Van-Tastic' for a good few grand less - you could even have a 'Clubvan S'... but hey, you pays your money... it's a free country - by the way if you believe that, you're dilusional - ask the manipulating criminals at Barclays... sorry, put on my "Speculator Hater" T-shirt for a minute

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    I'm putting the seats up and down a lot in my car recently which is a bit irritating!
    I'm saying NOTHING Joanna...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I don’t have a problem either with a proper Clubbie Van as I have fond memories of the original Mini Van. For once there actually could a sensible place in the range for small businesses.

I do get more alarmed when I see so called test Mules that look like this

http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/06/...and+Podcast%29
    Last edited by Stewart; 28th June 2012 at 02:35 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    I don’t have a problem either with a proper Clubbie Van as I have fond memories of the original Mini Van. For once there actually could a sensible place in the range for small businesses.

I do get more alarmed when I see so called test Mules that look like this

http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/06/...and+Podcast%29
    Stewart - I really think something like this will be the 'MINI Hatch equivalent' in a few years, with the Rocketman being the 'city car' in the range. Say goodbye to the car we know and love folks... Now I'm not saying it's horrible or anything, I actually think it looks quite good in a phat way (better than the Countryman???), but I don't see it charging down a B-Road with the exhaust popping and banging on the over-run with the driver grinning from ear to ear... which is quite a sad prospect
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 28th June 2012 at 04:11 PM.

That's just sick and has nothing to do with a Mini...imho. At least the Clubman / Clubvan have an original concept / design to follow. Looks like we will be sticking with The Beast for a long time to come.

I think the 'Concept' Stewart found looks vaguely like a MUCH BIGGER updated version of this old Rover 'Mini Replacement' concept touted in the 90's... turned down by BMW. Every cloud has a silver lining - ours was the R50!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newmini_99.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	3632

Thought it looked familiar... here's the accompanying bumf:

"Spiritual concept shown at the Geneva Motor Show in 1997, was actually a Rover proposal for the Mini styled by Oliver Le Grice, rejected by BMW in October 1995. This particular car was a radical effort, which incorporated a rear mounted K-Series engine, subframes and Hydragas suspension. Does it capture the spirit of the original Mini? Rover seemed to think so. Sadly BMW thought they were ten years ahead of their time..."
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 28th June 2012 at 04:09 PM.

I like it, whilst i have no need for a van, i think it's a logical step for MINI.

Not going to be a big seller, and the prices seem very cheap, but i guess it's a stripped down version of a clubbie, so it can be cheaper!
    Sometimes, i like to sit on the floor, pull my knees up to my chest, wrap my arms around my legs and tuck my head in.

Why?.......Because that's how i roll.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Euan that is my fear they turn a car with curves and style that looks familiar to the original R50 and takes design nuggets from the Classic to something that is just a plan Box on four wheels with no sole.

Granted there is enough spy shoots of this F56 to suggest the Hatch is safe but the MINI Hatch does look like its Morphing into a 1 series with a different shell.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by G17RDY View Post
    the prices seem very cheap
    The MINI One Clubvan starts at £13,410.
    That'll be "very cheap" in MINI-Speak then!