Facebook & NMS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Basically yes, if any member links a post to their FB wall it adds a link back to NMS.
    From there any friend if FB set to private, can click the link and then be taken to the thread.
    They cannot post or view attachments.

However, anyone simply browsing the Internet can now see posts, but again, cannot post or view attatchments

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Best way to try is to log off NMS and view as a guest

MINIme:)
    note that (as far as my testing suggests) all the bigger sized photos a lot of us tend to use on gallery threads eg linked from photobucket ARE visible to unregistered visitors, whereas the ones that come up in a kind of box, as a clickable smaller one (an attachment) from a file on your laptop, can't be seen. I am considering removing some of my big photobucket pictures, or mainly using attachments from now on. As Alan said, I have figured this out just by logging out and then clicking around and seeing what I could and couldn't do.

If it helps to explain fb a bit Malcolm, apart from 2 people I can think of currently, I am friends with all my friends on fb. ie they are people I know - most of them I know well, not just random adds - and there are still over 200 of them on my friend list. Some people will add anyone that asks as they use it for networking and some people also make their posts visible to anyone that falls across them, not just those on their friend list. Although not just anyone is likely to fall across them really - they might see that one of their mutual friends had commented on something of someone else's if it was originally set to be viewable by all. I only post things visible to friends. If anyone at the show has a half decent phone (I dont use internet on mine, I have a v cheap contract!) then I can show you and explain a bit better if it helps? The above is a right bad explanation!
    Last edited by MINIme:); 13th July 2012 at 01:15 AM.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I've always said that attachments can't be seen, hosted images will be seen.

MINIme:)
    No probs Alan, I wasn't arguing, but I had misunderstood what an attachment was and wasn't, until I tested it! It was my definitions that were off

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    No worries, have looked at a lot of your hosted images and am not sure they need removed, not sure what it is worrying you,
    Basically its all images of your car which is viewed by thousands of real people when you drive it

How many members does NMS have who regularly use the forums.
    I would be more than willing to pay, say a tenner a year for the privilege.
    LOVE LIFE,LIVE LIVI

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam1314 View Post
    How many members does NMS have who regularly use the forums.
    I would be more than willing to pay, say a tenner a year for the privilege.
    NMS is free and always will be while I own it.