Facebook & NMS

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Which presumably you don't have on the Bike site... So, why would you need it for NMS?

A.
    Yep, it's confused them too, but, given that i was with Supanames and am what they call a legacy platform a few other features dont work either, like the web mail i have set up and a few other things, so, the SSL servers are only a tenner a year extra and is more secure as well.
    Like you with the cinema, i want NMS to get better social abilities and awareness

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Yep, it's confused them too, but, given that i was with Supanames and am what they call a legacy platform a few other features dont work either, like the web mail i have set up and a few other things, so, the SSL servers are only a tenner a year extra and is more secure as well.
    Like you with the cinema, i want NMS to get better social abilities and awareness
    It's the way forward.

By the by, it sounds like support from the current host is significantly better than support from Supanames.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

MINIme:)
    still not sure what you want the link to achieve to be honest? One thing I'd like to mention is that this site is fairly closed - you can't see posts unless you're a member and that is one of the main reasons I use it so much. A google search doesn't come up with posts from the site for example as it does on other forums which I use to a lesser degree. The fb group is an open group making it much more visible to millions. Which is maybe what you want? If this site is going more open I will be more selective about what I post of a personal nature. I guess I'll understand what it's doing when it happens.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    The main aim is to grow the forums to as large as is possible making it a fun place to be.
    With the FB link enabled it'll hopefully bring in the zillions of people who frequent there and get them interested in the site.

The forums are open to anybody who cares to join with that being the only restriction.

Social networking is the future and without it forums like here will never survive, you can already see the downturn in posts created on NMS, simply look at FB and if i can capture the wall posts there into NMS our traffic would increase dramatically.

NMS has the bandwidth available to host this type of thing and i fully intend to make full use of it

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Well it appears that the Facebook connection is working as it should and you should also notice the appearance of the Publish To Facebook link at the bottom right of the message box.
    Quite obvious what it's for, so, you can actually post here and on your Facebook wall at the same time

Edit: Facebook does not show forum smilies, so, if anyone wants to post them up you're gonna have to use the traditional text ones like ;-)

Just so people know, all posts on here are now visible to people who aren't registered. I do understand why you're keen on that, but I'll personally be more wary as the privacy and club feel were the main things that attracted me to the site in the first place! Just my opinion and I'm sure others won't agree!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I can understand your concerns, but, there's not much difference to posting when members, who, have never posted and you dont know or ever met can see them, versus visitors!

I know what you mean the only difference is you could see who's online versus total stalkers/lurkers I'll just alter the way I use the site.

I have a hate of Facebook, never use it, never will. I also don't understand all the ramifications of posting on it, who can see what etc. I'm sure many people who use it regularly don't know either. So like Joanna, my posts will be a lot less open.

I don't post hardly at all these days so I am in no position really to comment but I'm afraid I'm not a face book fan and because you have linked this site to it I simply won't post on here but I will continue to enjoy reading other people's posts

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Cooper Coupe...