Facebook & NMS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Ive been trying for ages to get the Facebook Connection to work in NMS to no avail.
    Today, while i was sleeping the site hosts were again working on the issue and they appeared to have fixed the problem, however, when i tried it the site crashed again and again.

So question, were any Facebook users logged in to both NMS and FB up until approx 4pm today. If so, did you have any issues cause im trying to see if its just me that has the problem.

It should be noted that once the FB link works everyone will have to clear their cache and all browser history etc and restart their browser

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Sorry Alan, I was working today so wasn't logged in..

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Hoping Andy was logged in

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I never actually "log out" of NMS. But I wasn't using NMS between 10.15am and 5.15pm - I just checked my browsing history. I didn't have any trouble with the site today at all, but I would agree the FB connectivity seems to crash the forums for some reason each time I see the FB button at the top.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Has anyone tried to contact Face Book for help?
    All i can see are zillions of FAQ's of which none are remotely anywhere near what my problem is.
    Yet, when i tried to set up the Face Book app and get codes etc i had to jump through hoops to get them the info they needed to prove i was legit.
    Sadly, if i can't contact them then the FB link and NMS will never be able to join together, seemingly there is a permission error which kicks up a firewall issue with the host and i need the IP addresses that FB uses so they can be implemented into the server somewhere........................

So, if anyone has any direct contact details i'd greatly appreciate it

Car
    I'm not sure you can contact them. Although I've never had reason to, so never looked for a number.

Any issues we have we just Google search the issue until a solution is found. We're doing a fair bit of Facebook development between the cinema's site and FB at the moment, trying to improve the cinema's social interconnectivity, and it's not easy going.

I'm really not sure what's involved in what you are doing, but are you looking for the answer in the right place - Facebook. Would you be better asking in the vBulletin forums?

A.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Well, i think i've narrowed it down to the NMS host's firewall settings, as they try to se what the problem is they obviously discover that when clicking the FB connect it throws up an outgoing IP address, so, they add that to the firewall and bingo it works, however, cause FB literally have many IP addresses that get used by the entire universe single users get problems and the site crashes.
    When they turn the firewall off completely everything works perfectly, but, of course they are not gonna and nor do i want them to disable the firewall altogether.

So, i wanted to contact FB to see if they would kindly advise their IP range (which i strongly doubt) but, as you say it looks like you can't actually contact FB, which, is utter pish, they are happy to take zillions of USD but interact directly with their community. Something that eBay had to rectify.

Anyway, the current position is, the FB link is inactive until the host can figure a way to allow their firewall to work with that link.

vBulletin have bent over backwards in helping me, am even on direct PM with one of their leading techs, but, it's in the hands of the NMS host.

Strange thing is, my bike site works perfectly well

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Latest saga, apparently i need SSL to work on the host site, which, it doesn't, so, i'm waiting for quotes to migrate to a fully functioning SSL server, i've come this far i aint giving up now

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Latest saga, apparently i need SSL to work on the host site, which, it doesn't, so, i'm waiting for quotes to migrate to a fully functioning SSL server, i've come this far i aint giving up now
    Which presumably you don't have on the Bike site... So, why would you need it for NMS?

A.