power washer advice please

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    I can feel the Elf restraint there
    You were going to wash and return that, Stewart...

Joanna - one thing, the 'Lidl' washer is maybe a bit bigger and heavier than the ones you'll get elsewhere for that price. Not a comment on your strength , but for storage etc if space is at a premium in the new house. I washed 3 cars with it on Sunday - MINI, Pug 106, Honda Jazz (guess which one I took most time over...)

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    (guess which one I took most time over...)
    My Sis can’t work out how it takes me two hours to wash my car and an hour to do her one….Plus why do I use a Wool mitt on my car and a Microfibre Wash Sponge on her Cooper.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

MINIme:)
    I will go and have a look at it next week if they still have it, just swamped just now with work, working late, going away with work, tidying the flat constantly for viewings and trying to pack (the packing isn't getting much of a look in!) so it'll have to wait (If anyone fancies helping me move on saturday you are very mad and VERY welcome!) Stewart is in my small team of recruits he hasn't seen how much stuff I actually have!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Just thinking I don’t mind being slave for the day kind of thing and payment in the odd Cup of tea or soft drink is most welcome. But any chance of you picking me up and dropping me back later. I’ve seen your place and it’s a parking nightmare. I suffer from (I-hate-parkio-strange-placeio-obia) it’s a sad infliction it has to be said....

Unless you need a run to pick up a Van, then I’ll just have to bring my wee pal over.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    (If anyone fancies helping me move on saturday you are very mad and VERY welcome!) Stewart is in my small team of recruits he hasn't seen how much stuff I actually have!
    Sorry Joanna, could maybe have given you a hand if I'd known the date, but I've promised my Dad I'd do a 'Putting loads of things we've been tripping over for months up the loft day' on Saturday, which will probably take about 3 days - there's a whole lot of things...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Euan, Tim at clean your car will know what one your washer will be, the fail safe is send a pic of the connection on the lance that came with it.
    My washer as I said was a Mac Washer B&Q special but it’s more or less a Bosch in disguise. Magifoam works a treat..
    Meant to say thanks for this Stewart!

MINIme:)
    Sorry Joanna, could maybe have given you a hand if I'd known the date, but I've promised my Dad I'd do a 'Putting loads of things we've been tripping over for months up the loft day' on Saturday, which will probably take about 3 days - there's a whole lot of things...
    oh yes I know those sorts of days! I've had a week that's taken about 6months and left work at 11.30 tonight About midnight last night I kind of hit overwhelm and started seriously considering using a removal firm. I'm now moving on Tuesday with a small removal co. Just couldn't manage it myself, I'd have got way too stressed to have any fun! Shame to delay it but needs must. Stew you are off the hook!

Meant to say thanks for this Stewart!
    Euan if you are going to a 'supplier' and if it seems appropriate, you could ask if you'd get a discount for two? but if so don't buy anything until I've checked that Lidl still have them!

Euan if you are going to a 'supplier' and if it seems appropriate, you could ask if you'd get a discount for two? but if so don't buy anything until I've checked that Lidl still have them!
    Will do Joanna, but at earliest it won't be till I get back from my midge-ridden holiday at Loch Awe.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Stew you are off the hook!