power washer advice please

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    As for the foam lance, you can get them from any of the online car cleaning retailers (Polished Bliss, Elite Car Care, Clean your Car etc etc). I bought an Auto-Brite one about 2 years ago. It needs a service but I just haven't had the chance (or balls) to strip it down. Best foam for me is Magifoam made by autobrite but I currently use Actimousse XLS by Autosmart due to the amount I use but it comes out as more like thick milk. Doesn't "look" as good but cleans very very well and from my experience doesn't strip wax
    Cheers Craig, I'll look into this - I suppose the main thing is the fitment, as mine is an 'unknown' make. It has a 'push and twist' bayonet type connection on all the bits.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    There are pictures on the websites so just compare them

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Cheers Big Man, Stewart's put pictures of his bits on here I see... not the first time he's put his bits on a website I fear, and it won't be the last.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Cheers Big Man, Stewart's put pictures of his bits on here I see... not the first time he's put his bits on a website I fear, and it won't be the last.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post

Euan, Tim at clean your car will know what one your washer will be, the fail safe is send a pic of the connection on the lance that came with it.

My washer as I said was a Mac Washer B&Q special but it’s more or less a Bosch in disguise. Magifoam works a treat.

Best thing I ever got was the outside Tap and Elec.

Remember Joanna you'll need a length of hose ( I can feel the Elf restraint there)to go from your tap to your PW. If the new house has an outside Tap then your in luck too.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

MINIme:)
    It does!! there is an outside tap on the front of the house

edit: mr elf is restraining you? do you need rescuing?

that aldi ad looks pretty good thanks Robert! and if it has an elf owner and gets Craig's thumbs up as well then I think I may have found the one.

Damnit this started as a vague idea, when I had some money again. And suddenly it's turned into a household essential

Edit: I mean Lidl....
    Last edited by MINIme:); 26th May 2012 at 11:58 AM.

presume I am looking at the same one as you as there's no mention of date - I guess it's not currently available at your branch Robert. There's also no name so here's the pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pw.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	3523

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    presume I am looking at the same one as you as there's no mention of date - I guess it's not currently available at your branch Robert. There's also no name so here's the pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pw.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	3523
    What you looking for is staring you straight in the face... Check the top of the Lidl page along from the Lidl sign, Home and Garden, From 28-05-2012... Can you see it now... ...It's hiding behind all those tabs...
    Now take those Sunglasses off when you're in the house...

As for the name, it only comes under Pressure Washer... You'll have to be there early to get one, with it being a Special Offer...

Ah brilliant, got you now, thanks. A shame it's monday right enough, especially when I'm flying south that afternoon! Hopefully the offer will be on for a little while