power washer advice please

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    MINIme:)
    It was suggested I look on tesco direct to see if a cheap power washer came up but there are so many I haven't got a clue where to start...

http://www.tesco.com/direct/diy-car/pressure-washers/cat3376646.cat?sortBy=2

I will have a small monoblocked area in front of the house, not massive but would be nice to consider a washer. Really it's snow foam I want to get my mitts on, love that stuff!

What should I look for spec wise?
    What should I avoid?

What products do you then need to buy and how much are they?

Thanks for any help, I don't want to spend less but end up wasting my money on rubbish. Normally I'd shop for quality and pay a bit extra but funds are going to be tight so needing to be a bit clever. So I reckon £100 is max but cheaper and I'd get it sooner.

Thanks

I bought one of the cheapies, either from Tesco or B&Q I forget which, and whilst the pump works fine water pours out the sides of the handle and try as I might I can't get it to seal, meaning I get drenched if I try to use it.

The old adage applies, buy cheap, buy twice......

yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking!
    what make is yours?

I couldn't say without digging it out, don't get me wrong, apart from the leaky handle it does the job, I just get the feeling a decent, branded product would have been a better investment.

thanks

Drifter
    If you look around the internet you'll find loads of deals on Karcher pressure washers, found this one online that might be of use to you, wouldn't use the brush on paint work though as it might leave marks but would be useful for other jobs around your new home, and it does have a Vario lance which is useful...

Haven't used this company so don't know what there like, but you will get plenty deals either at Halfords, Homebase, Argos and B+Q check them all out...

Car
    motorised
    I bought a cheapie one about three years ago to replace a kaput expensive one and the cheap one last longer!!!
    s'later

Flickr
    500px

euan
    Tesco are doing a double point clubcard exchange at the moment, so you might get some value from that?

I've got a Karcher and it's been great, use it exactly as you are wanting (patio and snow foam). Had no issues with it whatsoever though can't remember the model for the life of me.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I actually bought one a few months ago (first one ever) from Lidl of all places. They have 'specials' on from time to time, and this was one of them. The spec was pretty good (so I was told by others who know better than me!) and it was £90. Checking equivalent specs (motor, flow, power etc) of 'better known' makes, I was looking at over £200 for basically the same gear. I know quite a few folk who've bought stuff from Lidl at low prices and have found the products to be really good. Works fine. Time will tell...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Thanks Euan and Euan. I don't know what spec to look for mr elf - can you tell me what power etc etc etc I should be looking out for