Shock news.....!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Casey Stoner is quiting MotoGP at the end of 2012..... Says he's lost the desire due to them diluting the championship
    Love him or hate him he is a very gifted rider and next years championship won't be the same without him
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Good riddance grumpy

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I much preferred him when he had more wheels...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig3GcDBjQN4

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I've always been a huge Casey Stoner fan, but I respect his decision to call it a day. I also admire the fact he's willing to call it quits, even though he's on the best bike in the field and could easily go on to surpass the Dr in terms of world championships. After what happened to Sic last year, with him having such a young family, I don't blame him. Top bloke and will be missed...after another world title this year
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Well I will put money on Valentino riding a Repsol Honda next year :-), I really hope so coz as far as I'm concerned the Duc is sh!!!!!!t.... And really want to see him back where he belongs up on the podiums. Good luck to Casey for the future.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah, I was having a think about it during the race yesterday who will likely take his seat. I would say Cal but if he keeps up his start to the season then he'll probably be 1st in line for Ben Spies' seat. None of the Honda Gresini Satellite riders are good enough to fill that seat IMO and I cannot see anyone coming from Moto2 straight into a factory team.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    I cannot see anyone coming from Moto2 straight into a factory team.
    Are you forgetting Marques..?? Ideal replacement and he's a midget like Dani..!!
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Are you forgetting Marques..?? Ideal replacement and he's a midget like Dani..!!
    Gordy Factory Honda Team have some sort of stipulation in their contracts or whatever that they will "NOT" let any rider outside of the GP class itself ride their machine that means Marques wont get it. The rider has to have done at least one season in the big boys GP class to even stand a chance of even being considered for Caseys seat.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    You're right Ali....but its not just Honda. ALL new riders, I think, have to go to a satalite team before moving to the works squad. Spies.....Tech 3 then works squad, Bradley Smith...Tech 3 first. If Crutchlow keeps up this form and Spies his then there's a good chance they may get swapped for next year
    Honda basically have 2 feeder teams tho....Gresini and Bradls lot.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/18257387 Amen to that Cal! I really hope he gets a factory ride next year. He really is a talent.