Countryman "coupe"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    I'll see your and raise you
    It's just an R53 with 'Love Handles'!
    Who ate all the pies..............the R56 ate all the pies
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Who ate all the pies..............the R56 ate all the pies
    Aye, the Power and Torque Pies!
    BTW, the R56 is actually slightly LIGHTER than the R53 - so if the R56 ate all the pies, the R53 must've eaten all the BURGERS.... and CHIPS! (BuuuuRRRRppp!)

From 'Motoringfile' a while back:
    R56 MC: 2508lbs (EU Unladen Weight)
    R56 MCS: 2651lbs (EU Unladen Weight)

R50 MC: 2530lbs (EU Unladen Weight)
    R53 MCS: 2672lbs (EU Unladen Weight)
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 18th September 2012 at 03:14 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Aye....whatever....it still looks phat
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Car
    F56 Cooper
    But they have.......the R56 is a muckle big thing compared to the dainty wee R50/53......all IMO of course.....
    Hey, I'd be the first to admit that to look at, the R50/53's are still the best looking Mini's in the entire range, but for me i couldn't live with the interior quality of the R50/53's...instead I live the poor quality under the bonnet (chain tensioner, steering pump to name but a few)! On second thoughts, maybe I could of lived with the interior quality...
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Don't get me wrong I still quite like them.....but sell my R50 and get an R56 (or whatever the new ONE equivalent is)....NO WAY MAN....!!!!

On a side note....my missus really likes the new ones interior compared to hers.

Aye....whatever....it still looks phat
    I like to think it's "Fuller-Bodied" Like a fine wine

Joking aside, I think the R50/53 is better 'resolved' design-wise, always thought this and still do. It has slightly better proportions, and just looks 'right'. I've got used to the phat one though, and really like it too - especially mine... obviously!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Aye, the Power and Torque Pies!
    BTW, the R56 is actually slightly LIGHTER than the R53 - so if the R56 ate all the pies, the R53 must've eaten all the BURGERS.... and CHIPS! (BuuuuRRRRppp!)

From 'Motoringfile' a while back:
    R56 MC: 2508lbs (EU Unladen Weight)
    R56 MCS: 2651lbs (EU Unladen Weight)

R50 MC: 2530lbs (EU Unladen Weight)
    R53 MCS: 2672lbs (EU Unladen Weight)
    I but the R53 GP is lighter than both
    New sig coming soon

On the subject of design - the R50/53 was designed in 1995 - it's aged well for a 17 year old design...

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    I but the R53 GP is lighter than both
    Agreed!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    On the subject of design - the R50/53 was designed in 1995 - it's aged well for a 17 year old design...
    Agreed! I loved it in 2001 and I still love it in 2012. It's a 'classic' example of 'Retro-Modern' done properly, as it not only paid homage to the design cues of the Classic Mini, but also managed to capture some of the wee car's spirit!
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 18th September 2012 at 08:17 PM.

I find the same thing with the "S" Type, in respect of "Retro-Modern". It still looks great after a lot of years. I also think the Evoque is great; nephew had one and it was a great all round motor, but it was never meant to be a Mini. If BMW want to get into that market rebrand it as an X1 or something. Don't start with a Mini, they have no DNA that is at all similar.