Countryman "coupe"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    Looks like what was known as the Paceman concept is on the way.

I like the roofline but just don't like the front of it. I really hope the next gen MINI due next year does not have a front end the same as this. It just doesn't have the friendly/cuddly face that a mini should have.

http://i.autoblog.com/2012/05/03/min...otted-testing/

MINIme:)
    hmmmmm

not sure how I feel about this. But I'm getting a bit with such a rush of new models all the time, certainly feels like a diluted brand now.

Car
    F56 Cooper

The whole MINI Range is bamboozling these days. This is for someone that wants ALL4 Drive but not as small as the Hatch, not as big as the Countryman or as small as the Clubman. Not as sporty as the Coupe or Roadster or as Nuts as the GP….. I take it this will be sold in JCW form with 4WD.

I have to hold my hand up as I’ve always been a Mini fan first and foremost and yes my R56 is a million miles from the old classic but still it reminds me of it and harks back to it in little touches like the Speedo, the lights etc. Every step I see BMW gently move us, persuade us to come along for the ride while also moving step by step away from the thing that some of us cherished the most that it was a throw back and modern spin on a classic we all loved.

F56

Familiar MINI design elements interpreted in new ways.
    Interior will also be a complete redesign from the ground up reinterpreting the MINI design language into something fresh and more user friendly
    Although it probably won’t look remotely like this. But it is tied down designers and BMW heads have been in the same room as the new One series and the F56. If the F56 looks like this then I'll be buying one of the last R56 or R59 as it looks more like a baby Toyota or Skoda. Silly I know but there is a certain meanness in a car that attracts me to it and even if the JCW is off the cards for most of us I like knowing it’s in my corner. This looks so soft from the outset I just don’t know how you progress.

What's next on the Mini Chart!
    MINI Model Cheat Sheet
    1st Gen MINI
    R50: One & MC Hatch
    R52: All 1st Gen MINI Convt.
    R53: MCS Hatch
    2nd Gen MINI
    R55: Clubman
    R56: Hatch
    R57: Convertible
    R58: Coupe
    R59: Roadster
    3rd Gen MINI
    F55: Clubman
    F56: Hatch
    F57: Convertible
    F60: MINI Crossover
    F61: MINI Crossover Coupe
    F62: Traveller
    Last edited by Stewart; 6th May 2012 at 10:22 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Yes please, Ilike the looks on this... I have grown to really like the Countryman, EXCEPT for the look of rear end and also that mahoosive mini badge/boot handle thingymajig!!! So Iook forward to seeing this 3dr version and how it compares side by side with the Countryman. :-)

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I rather fancy a 3dr countryman with All4.

euan
    Has a bit of an Evoque to the roofline, which I'm sure is deliberate when you look at the sales success that car has had.

I quite like it from the rear 3/4 view, but not a major fan of the nose. Kind of necessary though to get the height above the engine that the EU legislate for now though for pedestrian safety.

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Seems very like the Evoque as said above ^^^

So many MINI variants now something to keep everyone happy
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

I give up.....how many variants do they need.........it's is becoming a joke.

LadyR
    Like the evoque? Funny, I just thought the evoque had styled itself on a mini

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyR View Post
    Like the evoque? Funny, I just thought the evoque had styled itself on a mini
    I've probably said it on here before but I can't stand the Evoque. A horrible fashion accessory IMO!