Dip stick broke

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    R53 heavy moded
    As above my dip stick broke as was trying to re place it with a new one can any one tell me the best way of removing the old one that's still
    In the eng :(

I am Guessing it's to re move the sump any none done this on a mini and how hard of job is it ??

Thanks stoney
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333708014.214139.jpg  
    New sig coming soon

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    From memory, doesn't the outer housing (the bit the dip stick goes inside) come out of the engine block??
    A quick visit to the dealer to look at the fiche would help

See Here

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I think on the R53 it comes out the very bottom of the block just above where the sump joins. Most likely that if you remove the sump then you will be able to lift it out.
    I certainly wouldnt want to start the engine until I knew I had the piece out.

Ive never removed the sump on the mini but done it to other cars and it isnt difficult. Order a new sump gasket for the rebuild though.
    Cant remember if the r53 has any cross piece from the sub frame getting in the way or not.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I can see the end down the tube just a bit to far away to get to :( with plyers ect I can see the bolt that holds on the pipe but not 100% I could get it back on easy :(
    New sig coming soon

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Prob have to take off the bumper and some of the front end, i know i'd rather do that than drop the sump.
    I've seen internal tools that may be too flimsy for this job, but, might be worth a try

On eBay

Get the sump off IMO, ensure all bits of metal are gone. The sump gasket will fail in the near future anyway, they all do

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Get the sump off IMO, ensure all bits of metal are gone. The sump gasket will fail in the near future anyway, they all do
    The dip stick is plastic but looking like dump off but a big job as aircon pump is attached to it :(
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Prob have to take off the bumper and some of the front end, i know i'd rather do that than drop the sump.
    I've seen internal tools that may be too flimsy for this job, but, might be worth a try

On eBay
    That's an idea will see if I can get one but it is Easter weekend the now :(
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Bugger Rob

Hope you get it sorted ok - I would take off the sump purely for peace of mind. Cost tho is always a consideration...

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Realistically you could just leave it as is, you never use the bloody thing anyway!!!!! Show car