:( spoiled my C pillars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MINIme:)
    I am very sad so please don't scold me for being so stupid.

Was cleaning over my windows with a screen wipe and wiped over the pillars at the same time. Yes I know it was very stupid, the light I was in I had no realisation of the damage I was doing, that must be seriously soft plastic. I've totally spoiled my C pillars in particular, with swirled scratches all over them.

Can I do anything about it?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Machine polishing them is the only way I have been told. Never done it myself but I'm sure Ian King can advise ...

bollocks, that sounds ££££££

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    I have used Autoglym SRP on the A pillars before, it helps a bit to mask a swirl / scratch but will not be as good as machine polish...

The gloss black plastic trim is oh so soft

Andrew
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

It really is isn't it.

I have until her debut at the Scottish Car show in July to get her looking oh so lovely. I can't let her go looking like this

I'm sure the C pillars were glass on the R50, that was why I fired in.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Ugh oh, spaghetti-o's! I've used Poorboys Blackhole on my Gloss Black interior and Pillars and it tends to tidy them up. Obviously its not a full fix but its a nice little tidy up! Get onto Craig or Mr King to fix it for you :)
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I’d not beat myself up about it, 99% of Mini’s have swirls on them. One of the few Mini’s that had spotless A pillars (sorry don’t think I checked his rear ones) I’ve ever seen was Ian’s at Knockhill a while back.

Basically when you see spotless pillars its like saying “ I machine polish”

After four years my pillars are not too bad, looking in a dealers at split new cars in the showroom even has swirls, so I just accepted it as life with a Mini.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

honestly you'll be appalled when you see what a mess I made *hangs head in shame*
    poor Pip. Worth a try with something... anything except a bl**dy screen wipe

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    I've grown to like swirls, ..... they make me happy

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    I've grown to like swirls, ..... they make me happy
    I'm with him, plus, i think swirls add real character every one of my pre Countryman cars had swirls everywhere and i still got great trade in prices