Hello

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Figas
    Just wanted to say hello (found this site thanks to Chris at JCT)

I picked up my (well actually I bought it for the wife:I) Mini Cooper S Convertible last weekend.

Hyper Blue, Blue roof and Black Leather.

This is our third new Mini (51 reg Cooper and a 53 reg Cooper S previously). The convertible is really great fun, I find myself wanting to drive it all the time (and my car is an M3 CSL).

Anyway you might see me (or the wife:disapprove:) driving round Aberdeen and Westhill. We will be the ones with the roof down even if its raining

Figas

The Dogfather
    Nigel welcome to NMS.

Check out the meets page, hope to see you on a run soon. Don't worry we won't hold the fact you drive an M3 against you.

minidriver#1
    screw the convertible, whats the CSL like? that carbon roof... i'd be stroking that all day long.

X30YES
    Welcome ...have some fun ....Free !!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Welcome to the nuthouse, sorry, M3 CSL gets my vote

phantom
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.

Monsta Mo Mini
    Hola senior!

Ruedas agradables!

Figas
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the kind words about the CSL.

The CSL and the Mini are both great cars. The CSL is a raw and noisy car which I just love driving fast. The roof looks great in CF but its almost a shame that most people don't get to see it as you drive by. Youve also got the carbon splitters and the inside of the car has acres of CF as well (door cards, centre console, etc.). But the best bit is the airbox in the engine compartment which gives the car its unique noise. Not exhaust noise but instead induction roar. The car is phenomenal, handling is precise and its so much quicker than a standard M3 (which I used to have). My last car was a 996 C4S which I have to say was bland in comparison to this beast.

One thing the CSL has in common with the Mini (as with the other two new Mini's we have owned)is that they are IMHO one of the few cars that can make you smile the moment you get behind the wheel.

Best of all it takes even longer for the smile to wear off (even if you have just driven to work on a Monday morning:().

Sponsor
    i dislike you Figas

I noticed there was a CSL racing at the fintry hill climb today. WHAT A SOUND!!!!!!!!!

minidriver#1
    i have a vid of a csl on the nurburgring. mmmm engine noise. Welcome to the site :)