oil change interval

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    First oil change should be 10k/1 year, then 5k miles or a year, whichever comes first.

Note this isn't what Mini say, but if you want your car to last, oil changes are cheap in the long term

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

MINIme:)
    I know you are right but the warranty is important to me so do MINI get arsey if you've had it done elsewhere on a 1 yr old car? and how much does an oil change cost?

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Considering you can drive in and they will top up the Oil in the car regardless of if its still in Warranty. To me it is a sign that as they expect the car to find its way back into the MINI stock/Cherished they consider it worth while to offer this free top up.

So I’d imagine they would be fine with an oil change regardless as long as it was the right oil. The only thing is when it comes up on the Car for BMW interval I'd say you’d still have to follow it as then they could flag your not following there set TLC interval.

Personally and I’m one that like to keep my Cars longer than most I just followed what BMW suggested but then I was always on Date rather than miles as I use the car so little.

I’m keeping this MINI at least till probably after next Highland Tour unless circumstances change so its going into a local garage for a service early next Jan. More of a problem is I don’t want to splash cash out on new brake pads that are showing 4.5K left just to trade the car in. So if I can keep the brakes ticking over.

So back to the question if you are close to the BMW interval I’d stick with it as it would be a waste of cash. I think after that its like 2 years or set mileage.
    Last edited by Stewart; 4th November 2012 at 09:33 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

i haven't even got a clue when it's going to be due to show on the dash... !!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Has it been in for its first 10K Change?

You can bring it up on the Dash readout in the Rev counter when the next service is. Was in there the other day booking my Sisters MINI in as it was telling her it had 200 miles to go. But you dont have to wait till it bring it up you just need to go into the Menu's.

Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

done 7.5kmi stew. I'll see what i can find in the menu.

£50ish for the oil, and probably £30ish for the labour. As long as you use OEM-spec parts, it won't affect your warranty

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs