Engine management light on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I would get it punted in soon as a trade in as its going to be a head off and perhaps rebore of the 4th cylinder so if its still running the now best to get shot before spending the money.

Quote Originally Posted by G19RNT View Post
    Turns out there is low compression in the 4th cylinder so i'am not sure what to do the garage think it will be around £800 to fix depending on what they find I haven't used the car for over a month now I have a mechanic friend who said he could do the job now we know what the problem is we will be trading it in soon anyway as we need a bigger car do I don't want to spend a fortune on it as its already cost me £1200 in previous repairs
    whatever you do dont take it to john clark in dundee,they are shocking...

G19RNT
    I'am just wondering if there would be any comeback on me if I traded it in i'am fancying an a1 so technically it would go back to John Clark we need rid of it before September as the mot will be out I def wouldn't put it to John Clark for repairs it would cost more than the car is worth last time it was there they tried telling me it needed £1000 spent on it they said there was something wrong with the power steering pump and also a pipe was leaking oil and the pipe cost £180 and also said my tyres needed replacing I had them checked and they were 3.5mm so won't be rushing back there

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I'am just wondering if there would be any comeback on me if I traded it in i'am fancying an a1 so technically it would go back to John Clark we need rid of it before September as the mot will be out I def wouldn't put it to John Clark for repairs it would cost more than the car is worth last time it was there they tried telling me it needed £1000 spent on it they said there was something wrong with the power steering pump and also a pipe was leaking oil and the pipe cost £180 and also said my tyres needed replacing I had them checked and they were 3.5mm so won't be rushing back there

no come back when tradeing in its up to the dealer to check it not you to tell them
    New sig coming soon

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Turns out there is low compression in the 4th cylinder so i'am not sure what to do the garage think it will be around £800 to fix depending on what they find I haven't used the car for over a month now I have a mechanic friend who said he could do the job now we know what the problem is we will be trading it in soon anyway as we need a bigger car do I don't want to spend a fortune on it as its already cost me £1200 in previous repairs
    Second hand engine for approx £400 and an easy swop, if the management light comes on again, stop the car switch ignition on ( don't start it) leave for 15 minutes and it will re set.

G19RNT
    I decided to have it fixed we are going to hang on to it til march then look into replacing it then it turned out to be the exhaust valves were quite badly pitted so they had to be sent away to be recut and one valve was replaced they also put it through its mot it only got an advisory for brake pipes so that's not too bad i'am going to put it back to standard before selling it so will need to get the jcw sound kit off it and the 17" bullets etc

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Well done grant. Glad it worked out