**SPOILER** Aussie GP

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Cracking race to start off the season. Jenson looked very comfortable out front, and could probably put more time into the rest but no point in throwing it all away and an engine in the first race. Was a little disappointed to see Lewis sulking after finishing 3rd, he clearly didn't have the same pace as Jenson today and the SC wrecked his day really. Good to see the top 4 finishing so close together, hopefully it stays as close for the rest of the year. Fingers crossd Mercedes can find some race pace and also hope Renault can come into the mix too.

As much as I dislike the guy, good drive from Alonso today. Proved that he really can bad car fast and also showed just how out of form Massa is. Think Malaysia will favour Mercedes race trim and we'll get a look at RB's true straight line speed. I can't see McLaren being as dominent there...bring on next weekend already.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Worth getting up early to watch. Good result for McLaren, just wish Lewis would grow up and stop sulking when does not do well. He looked as though he had thrown rattle from
    Stephen & Allyson

Mini Mad
    Car
    solid gold 2004 (BMW) MINI COOPER
    Mclaren looks like jenson's team now and lewis doesn't like it one bit does he lol

i wish i never got up so early i feel like crap now lol i might have to take a wee nap lol

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by markjbb View Post
    Mclaren looks like jenson's team now and lewis doesn't like it one bit does he lol

i wish i never got up so early i feel like crap now lol i might have to take a wee nap lol
    I think from the moment Ron Denis stepped down as Team Principal, Lewis wasn't going to get things his own way anymore. I still think Lewis made a big mistake in splitting with his Dad as his manager. Let's not lose sight of the fact that Jenson is by far the more experienced driver though, and when your team mate's car is running on rails, there is nothing you can do about it.

euan
    I thought it was looking promising for Lewis after qualifying, he was brilliant there. I really wanted him to win just to get his motivation and mojo back, and lets face it, F1 with an in form Lewis is more interesting (not that it's dull, but you know what I mean). He didn't look like he had thrown his toys out of the pram to me, more gutted about what might have been. He really should have won, and he knows that losing the lead at the start was all his own fault.

I think RB will struggle for pace in Malaysia, they were 10kph down on top speed at Melbourne on McLaren and Merc, and both of those look quick in the corners now, so could be very interesting.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Thought Kimi's drive was one of the best of the day. Hasn't lost any of that drive he had. If Schuy's gearbox had stayed together I think Vettel would have struggled. Think his 2nd place was a bit flattering in the end. Good to see all the new young drivers all having a go mid-pack.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    I thought it was looking promising for Lewis after qualifying, he was brilliant there. I really wanted him to win just to get his motivation and mojo back, and lets face it, F1 with an in form Lewis is more interesting (not that it's dull, but you know what I mean). He didn't look like he had thrown his toys out of the pram to me, more gutted about what might have been. He really should have won, and he knows that losing the lead at the start was all his own fault.

I think RB will struggle for pace in Malaysia, they were 10kph down on top speed at Melbourne on McLaren and Merc, and both of those look quick in the corners now, so could be very interesting.
    I may be wrong, but as far as I was aware, RB were only running 6 gears instead of 7 as they couldn't get the set up right, hense why they were down on top end.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Thought Kimi's drive was one of the best of the day. Hasn't lost any of that drive he had. If Schuy's gearbox had stayed together I think Vettel would have struggled. Think his 2nd place was a bit flattering in the end. Good to see all the new young drivers all having a go mid-pack.
    Agreed!

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    I may be wrong, but as far as I was aware, RB were only running 6 gears instead of 7 as they couldn't get the set up right, hense why they were down on top end.

Agreed!
    I'm sure I saw Vettels onboard last night say 7 on the steering wheel - I'll check on iPlayer if I remember. Webber had no kers in the race, still doesn't explain the qualifying performance though.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    I'm sure I saw Vettels onboard last night say 7 on the steering wheel - I'll check on iPlayer if I remember. Webber had no kers in the race, still doesn't explain the qualifying performance though.
    Then I stand corrected. I must of mis-heard what Martin Brundle said.