Time for some new summer tyres

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    MINI-less
    Time to take my winter tyres off the car, before I wear them away!

Since I like to drive hard on the twistys, I have been looking at some Yokohama Advan Neova AD08. £120 each

Anyone had experience of these?

Or should I just go for the cheaper Parada Spec 2's £85 each? Hmmmm decisions!

Parada's are great, went through more sets of these than I care to remember

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I went for toyo's this time not had chance to use them yet tho
    New sig coming soon

Car
    MINI-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Parada's are great, went through more sets of these than I care to remember
    Quite tempted by these, much better price. Don't know what the wear would be like on the Advan Neovas?

I get about 8k from a set of fronts, that's with approx 230bhp and not hanging about. Never used Neovas.

Don't listen to people who say Parada's don't work in the rain; yes, there are tyres that give better wet grip, but they give you so much feel for the available grip, if you do crash you're pushing too much - you can easily take it up to and hold it at the limit

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Don't listen to people who say Parada's don't work in the rain; yes, there are tyres that give better wet grip, but they give you so much feel for the available grip, if you do crash you're pushing too much - you can easily take it up to and hold it at the limit
    My sentiments too......not used them much as they're on my 18" Kei's but never felt they didn't work well in our Scottish summer.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I had the paradas on my 18" JCW wheels and they worked really well in the dry. The only time I ever had an issue was standing water, but I would suggest that most tyres will struggle with standing water

The Dogfather
    Paradas, so how do they work when you unexpectedly hit standing water on a dual carriageway or when a kid steps out in front of you in town in heavy rain?

Yes, there are much better wet weather tyres than the Parada's and some even have the same level of feel and these will give you a great margin of safety when the unexpected happens.

If you crash or kill a child in the wet when you've got Paradas you'll wish you'd bought the other better performing tyres.
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 15th March 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post
    Paradas, so how do they work when you unexpectedly hit standing water on a dual carriageway or when a kid steps out in front of you in town in heavy rain?

Yes, there are much better wet weather tyres than the Parada's and some even have the same level of feel and these will give you a great margin of safety when the unexpected happens.

If you crash or kill a child in the wet when you've got Paradas you'll wish you'd bought the other better performing tyres.
    Have you had Parada's?

The Dogfather
    No not on my car, but I have driven on them (in the wet). IMO they're as bad as a set of chinese ditch finders in exteme wet, I can't comment about them in the dry. Stopped me from buying a lovely silver MR2 six months ago as I would have had to change a full set.

Was offered a set massively discounted a while ago, so glad I went for the FK452s instead.