Anybody a snowboarder ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    R7 ETH
    I want to start snowboarding and after a few lessons at Hillend i want to go to a European resort to test my inability to stay vertical. Anybody here snowboard and can recommend any good resorts for begineers in europe ?

Julz
    I've always found resorts in Austria to be quite good, and often quiet if you find the right places, there is a website, if I can find it, that recommends resorts for different abilities for boarding etc... will have a rummage!!

Car
    R56 MCS
    I would recommended Innsbruck in austria. I stayed close to there for around 6 months and learned to both board and ski there. People are nice and its well equipped.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    LOL! I totally misread the last comment in your post there Tribal. I coulda swore you had said "The people are nice and well equipped"

Car
    R56 MCS
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    LOL! I totally misread the last comment in your post there Tribal. I coulda swore you had said "The people are nice and well equipped"
    Now thats another matter

R7 ETH
    cheers gals think i will try to get to hillend this weekend to see how many bruises i can get.

Julz
    Ooooo, bristles are very dangerous, especially if you go for the head first dive!!:blackeye: Enjoy!!:clown:

X30YES
    Try Valmorel in France , lots of Off Piste ,easy to get there and a nice wee resort to boot with plenty of SC accommodation,ski in ski out a plenty ......(no need to catch a bus or long walks to the lifts etc like in Austria) and miles of Off Piste between the runs as well.
    La Plange also would be good I think and you even can have a shot at the Olympic Bob Sleigh run , if you like getting the s**t scared out of you for 20 quid . http://community.webshots.com/photo/55582760/60762497jYqOeg
    ps I'm not a snowboarder but did teach on two planks a wee bit when I was younger !!! ,
    quote:Originally posted by R7 ETH

I want to start snowboarding and after a few lessons at Hillend i want to go to a European resort to test my inability to stay vertical. Anybody here snowboard and can recommend any good resorts for begineers in europe ?

Sponsor
    CHAMONIX in France!!! ITS AWSOME!!!!! One of the biggest resorts in the world, and thought of as the best. It's great for familys, new starts, but also the realy crazy guys and the best ski/snowboarders in the world! Chamonix itself is really good fun at night. Plenty to do and a great friendly atmosphere! Its the place to be. However, if you don't like France, Go to Canada. Again, awsome, and it offers something for everyone!

R7 ETH
    Some great photos there Angus, cant wait to get some snow !!!