WANT!!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/261389/

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Oh yes

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Would have had one had it been available instead of the CM...an ALL4 Clubman van would have been

...will be keeping an eagle eye out when it arrives in the showrooms...
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

I like the looks of this but just not sure what the point is of the clubdoor on the van though
    Last edited by zimbo; 20th February 2012 at 02:20 PM.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Oh yes. Bang Tidy.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    I like the looks of this but just sure what the point is of the clubdoor on the van though
    Gives better access to fit bulky items

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Someone's already built one of these 'privately' (Dankan MINI Shop http://blog.dankanminishop.co.uk/wp-.../DSC00993a.jpg - it's at the back), and they made a fine job of it too - removing/welding up the Clubdoor and even smoothing off the roof.

Yes, it looks OK, but then again, the Clubbie looks fine in standard guise, so I'm not not sure about the whole concept... If you want a practical load-carrier, the Clubbie's relatively narrow rear opening with its high sill and complex rear doors don't help for everyday tasks. If they're serious about this, it should have a redesigned rear sill and either a single door or a hatch at the back, and let's face it, if you're using it as a load carrier, you're not going to be trying to shove bulky items through the Clubdoor...

As it stands, it might have a place as a sort of 'niche marketing tool' for a small business which doesn't need a proper 'workhorse', but I can't see many (cash-strapped) businesses shelling out on one of these when there are many more practical and cheaper alternatives on the market.

If you REALLY want a MINI Van (which I like the IDEA of) why not get an old Clubbie and 'delete' the rear seats etc and have some side panels made up for for the signwriting?
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 20th February 2012 at 01:53 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    But if it's a hatch rear end things like fork lifts won't get close enough, not suggesting that the new van would be able to carry a significant weight, but........

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I'd bet money that nobody who might buy one of these will have ever SEEN a forklift!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

MINIme:)
    This looks like just what I need when I get into furniture restoration...