My new Toy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nice one Duncan. What model is it and is that the original state or has someone been doing a lot of work on it?
    Last edited by weefossy; 13th February 2012 at 07:49 PM.

Looks in good nick,

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Admiration for your enthusiasm (you've got a gig garage!!) , stunning wee motor ................ what wheels are we going for ................ Minilights???
    Yes, ordered a set of the wheels it should have fitted (12" rover minilights)

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    Nice one Duncan. What model is it and is that the original stae or has someone been doing a lot of work on it?
    Its an Italian job
    Had a new front end fitted but by a local body shop last year but otherwise very little welding been done. Original engine that runs very well.
    I'm just planning to tidy it up and undo some of the cosmetic modifications I don't like (such the wheels)

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    OOOOOOhhhhhh. Lurvely!

I love the shine on that paint.

Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    nice one Duncan!! Love the Italian Job Special Editions Is it a carb or injection one?

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    "You're only supposed to take the bloody wheels off!" Lovely Jubbly Duncan - next NMS run - Turin and some Alpine passes?

Looks like a nice solid wee motor - full of potential. If it was mine, it'd either stay red and get a black roof, or go Old English/Pepper White, black roof and be a 'MINI Look-a-like' G3 ELF, of course with Minilites etc and some tasty mods to chase down its 'big brother'! I really like that red though...

Every time I see something like this, I want one, but I just don't have the room and don't want to get rid of my Mum's 106, so it's just a pipe dream...

"Hold on Lads, I've got a Great Idea..."
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 13th February 2012 at 03:30 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    nice one Duncan!! Love the Italian Job Special Editions Is it a carb or injection one?
    Carb - recently rebuilt & rolling road tuned down south. K&N and big bore exhaust - sounds and goes great

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    "You're only supposed to take the bloody wheels off!" Lovely Jubbly Duncan - next NMS run - Turin and some Alpine passes?

Looks like a nice solid wee motor - full of potential. If it was mine, it'd either stay red and get a black roof, or go Old English/Pepper White, black roof and be a 'MINI Look-a-like' G3 ELF, of course with Minilites etc and some tasty mods to chase down its 'big brother'! I really like that red though...

Every time I see something like this, I want one, but I just don't have the room and don't want to get rid of my Mum's 106, so it's just a pipe dream...

"Hold on Lads, I've got a Great Idea..."
    Thanks Euan
    It should have bonnet stripes just like my R56 (black with white pinstripe) so I've bought a set of these.
    This is a press photo of how it should look

Grille should be white, and bumpers black but I'm going for stainless steel (and a bit lower! )

I'm seriously thinking of painting the roof black so it's the same colours as my R56

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Very good.

Yeah italian job special editions should have white wheels 12s. I had a set of white 12s that I removed from a smashed one at the breakers in Galashiels but ended up powder coating them silver for another mini.