Mpg

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    On the controls on the speed press mode, comp, mpg, reset.

MINIme:)
    ah thank you Ken, will try it.

Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    its in the manual Joanna.

^^^like this smillie
    YOU SAID that real men don't use manuals

But I do, I'll have a look...

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I did this with my 'town driving' in my S, but cannot average more than about 30-32 MPG. I only do short trips to and from uni and to a town about 8 miles outside Aberdeen, so I'm not expecting miracles. I do normally get about 300 miles out of a full tank if I'm good.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Spacecadetrik
    I use www.fuelly.com to keep track of my MPG. Really good site and free to use. Can keep track of multiple cars too.

I am averaging about 38-40mpg at the moment.

MINIme:)
    is the in car one unreliable? Just interested why some of you use an external one or is it because you get additional features?

Some trip computers can be considerably different to actual. I was pleasantly surprised that when I checked there was only 1mpg difference.

Ps - still on track for over 500 miles from my current tank. Distance covered so far and range totalling c£540 miles.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah I have Road trip lite. but only really use it when I'm touring about to keep track of how much I've put in. I does come in handy.

The difference between (Actual brim) Road trip App and the Cars Computer was only 2MPG out so not too bad over 500 miles last trip up north. Road trip said 50 and the Car said 52.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Been looking at a Mini Cooper SD, you can get them for the same money nearly new on cherished as the Petrol.. It’s a hard one to call as I’m coming from a Petrol Cooper that does 6-8 K a year. My low mileage suggests that the diesel would be out the running but then that purely down to the price per Gallon.

I fancy a little more power and it would have better economy over my currant Cooper, cheaper road tax and insurance much the same.

Taking a very loose Parkers guide to cost of ownership I get this for me, as you can see the SD works out cheaper if I did circa 10K..Although I do in reality around 8K but could not set it for that. So did (10K) & (5K)

Nearly New Cooper S Petrol based on 10K mileage a year over four year ownership.
    CAR Cost £19K
    Road Tax £345.00
    Fuel £5,035.00 (10K) £ 2,518.00 (5K)
    Insurance £1532 (based on Ins being the same over the period of £383 a Year)
    Depreciation £11,000 (car valued at 19K)
    Service Costs £0

Nearly New Cooper SD based on 10K mileage a year over four year ownership.
    Car Cost 19K
    Road Tax £90.00
    Fuel £3,861.00 (10K) £1,931.00 (5K)
    Insurance £1568 (based on Ins being the same over the period of £393 a Year)
    Depreciation £10,000 (car valued at 19K)
    Service Costs £0

The SD should cost less over the four years to run in Road Tax, Fuel and depreciate less and around the same to insure for me. I left out service cost as they are covered under TLC. Obviously the more mileage you do the better in the case of the SD.

But there is not a lot in it….But as others have said future prices of Petrol and Diesel and the gap are hard to gauge. Both were done with Cars registered on cherished on 61 plates and registered Dec 2011. I know a few have driven the SD and S and also official reviews say mostly the same thing. The SD is a mixture, it does have a nice bit of grunt and returns good MPG but at the same time is not as quick as an S. It makes you think go for the S that is that wee bit better sounding, a purer drivers car with 40 BHP more or go with a slight compromise and get a bit of both worlds with the 140 BHP SD.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Mini Mad
    Car
    solid gold 2004 (BMW) MINI COOPER
    i get about 37mpg - 39mpg i think i did get 41mpg once
    but i normally get 400miles with a full tank sometimes a little more. i'll need to see how long the car can go when it's in the red. the lowest i've let it got before filling up was 5miles left well that's what the comp says.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    all you lot with your R56 makes me sick reading your mileage

you are lucky if i get 28mpg if i am relay lucky and driving like Joanna i will get 32mpg at best but that going on a long drive at below 65mph and that don't happen often

but on the up side mine sounds so much better than the R56
    New sig coming soon